Puzzle/Riddle Map

DoubleDraGoN

Reaction score
Puzzle constraints:
-You have 1 male villager, this character must be used to interact with the puzzle level in some way.
-Puzzle must be creatable with the world editor
-If it is a riddle, then it must not be overly open ended, so that the answer doesn't make sense.
-Puzzles should also try to encourage teamwork if you can manage that.
-The setting is roughly medieval w/ magic & creatures, like warcraft's time setting, although please don't have any puzzles that include orcs, I hate orcs!

Here is the list of the current puzzles/riddles:

1)
(medium level) Dungeon Setting, small circular room
A ghoul is in the middle as a testing experiment, on the left side is a Death Knight with a lever next to him; on the right side is a Lich with a lever next to him. The ghoul has 13 hp with a maximum of 86 hp. When the left lever is pulled by the villager, the death knight heals the ghoul with death coil for 12 hp. When the right lever is pulled, the Lich hurts the ghoul with Frost Nova for 14 hp. If the ghouls hp when hit by frost nova is overkill, or would have hit for more damage if the ghoul had more hp, then the hp is reset to 13. The ghoul also has no hp recovery over time.

2)
(medium-hard) Mansion setting, Murder Mystery.
The players must uncover clues given by residents that were around the time of the murder, & discern which is truthful & who the true murderer was. A few of the suspects include: the cook, butler, mistress, postman, salesman, & visiting stranger. This is more of a bonus puzzle.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Puzzle/ridde games is a hard genre of games to create imo. For me to enjoy a riddle game I want it to seem easy and then it isn't, even though when you fail with one solution there's still another one in your head. After a while all solutions is gone and you think hard for a while and come up with a new solution which was the right answer.

I got no ideas to puzzles though...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
For your first idea, is there supposed to be an objective/trick there? You just change the health values? What's so puzzling about that?

For the second idea, I hope the killer is random and changes every game. ;)

Good luck!

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Here are some riddles I took from Warlord Battlecry II that might be of some use for you.

Q: A head but no body, a heart but no blood, leaves but no branches. What am
I?
A: Lettuce

Q: A sturdy back, legs four. Once I lived, but no more.
A: Chair

Q: I die without air, yet I have no lungs.
A: Fire

Q: I have an eye but I am blind. I'm cold and hard and never kind. Despite
all this you should still see. There is always a point to me.
A: Needle

Q: I live in the oceans, rivers, and sea. When I'm cold, I float. When I'm
hot, I'm free.
A: Water

Q: I run all day but cannot walk. I have a mouth but cannot talk. What am
I?
A: River

Q: I touch the earth. I touch the sky. But if I touch you, you'll surely
die.
A: Lightning

Q: In summer I wear green, all day and all night. In fall I wear yellow. In
winter I wear white.
A: Tree

Q: My feet are warm; my head is cold. I never move since I'm so old.
A: Mountain

Q: Red as blood, sweet as wine. My heart is hard but my flesh is fine.
A: Cherry

Q: White flesh above, brown gills below. I move not an inch; in the
darkness I grow.
A: Mushroom

Also, what is the purpose of the first riddle/puzzle. Do you have to reduce the health of the ghoul to exactly 0, or something else?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Q: I touch the earth. I touch the sky. But if I touch you, you'll surely
die.
A: Lightning

Lightning won't always kill you. In fact, it has a 20% chance to kill; the other 80% will only sustain injuries. All it really does, when you get hit, is burst blood vessels. Most of the current from a lightning strike passes over the surface of the body in a process called "external flashover." Lightning strikes only last for a few milliseconds, whereas industrial shocks last for about half a second. The leading cause of death by Lightning strikes is cardiac or cardiopulmonary arrest.

Anyways, enough for the lightning education!

Here are some riddles in an old Riddles thread: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90550

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.