Question about forums

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I'm feeling very nervous and embarresed while typing this.

There is already a forum on the world editor but i waould like to have a terraining forum on this site :eek:

The nervous part, i would like to be moderator of the forum if it was taken to account :p

Thanks for your time.

~Jindo

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
I think that we discussed having sub-forums like that once before, ans decided against it. The issue with sub-forums is they are more llikely to become inactive. However, you would have to aask an admin (probably TH) for sure.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Just my advice on the topic of sub-forums:

We have a terraining forum at OM.com. Um...Barely active :p Rofl. If at all. (Then again, we have a grand total of 33 members) So, I'd sorta lean to... "Hell no"? :D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
SilverHawk said:
I think that we discussed having sub-forums like that once before, ans decided against it. The issue with sub-forums is they are more llikely to become inactive. However, you would have to aask an admin (probably TH) for sure.

I PMed him before, he said to post about it in here :p

Damnit people losing interest in things :(

EDIT: if you want more people at your forums make it more good looking (lol?) and get a link to it from other sites, also if you have a lot of keywords in your site, it will get into google :p.

~Jindo

DM Cross

Reaction score
Jindo said:
EDIT: if you want more people at your forums make it more good looking (lol?) and get a link to it from other sites, also if you have a lot of keywords in your site, it will get into google :p.

Have you even seen OM.com? www.omega-mods.com <- Try looking at it before judging the layout of it. Malice- did it, and I think it looks great. We haven't had any complaints about it, either.

As for links, it's not that simple. New sites aren't always linked to, mainly because people don't know how well it'll do. If we're still around in a few months (which I have no doubt that we will be) you may see more Omega-Mods links. Maybe even from TH.net. Who knows?

Keywords would be up to Malice-, so I can't answer or reply to this.

SilverHawk

Reaction score
In my opinion, terrain forums will never do well. Look at OM's. It basically has only the terraining tips. The reason is, unlike triggers, units, etc., terraining is not a simple Q&A concept. The only way to be do well at it is to practice. Asking questions is not going to help much in that field.

That's my reason terrain forums don't do well.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Exactly. What I think is good might not be good to someone else. There is no wrong/write way to terrain. :p

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Jindo:

Ryoko did mention wanting a tutorial on the terrain ediotr and basic terraining tips. Maybe want to do that sometime, after The Last Stand.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Wasn't there a thread awhile ago that had tips for terraining?

Tips of the Trade or something like that? Pretty sure it was reposted on OM.com...

-Edit-

Yup, it was.

http://omega-mods.com/thread.php?threadid=18&sid=

Originally from the WE forum of TH.net

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Yes, but Ryoko wanted a tutorial on the editor itself, which no one has done yet.

DM Cross

Reaction score
You mean like the tools?

... How hard can it be? :D

"The tool called "Raise" will raise the ground level upward." <- Duh? ;)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Hehe, I think we should have a terraining tutorial too, but it is rather complex and would have to include several topics, or else just general ones.

I've never seen any of your work, Jindo. Can you post us some screenshots in The Last Stand terrain thread? :>)

At O-M, nobody ever really contributes to the terraining thread :p

One, we only have 33 members as said above, maybe less than 10 who are active on a daily basis.

I asked Alexander and Malice- about doing a terraining competition there, but they both replied the same (and I agreed): we don't have enough members yet.

Sites like wc3campaigns and wc3sear.ch can afford to do terraining competitions (not just that, release entire terrain add-on PACKS and contests for those even) because they have so many members.

I prefer to do creepy castle-type things, as well as manipulating the sky, weather, and other things to bring out the best of my terrainin :>)

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Uhmm...maybe not a terrain help forum...but maybe a Art show off...you could show off ne kind of art from WE terraining to handdrawn pictures...becuz i noe how ppl like to show off their work...it really might work and increase the number of ppl in the TH community...becuz some experts...don;t need help..but wat if they want to show off some work...uhh...wat da u say...lets give it a TRY??!?... ;)

P.S: I would post regurlary some terraining in WE..cuz i get bored a lot...:D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
That's kind of what i meant, only i didnt mention the art stuff.

Good idea though :)

I'll probably do a tutorial n the terrain editor.

I sometimes get confused about how or who you send it to :p

~Jindo

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
ye...im usually on daily over at omega-mods :D....but...since more ppl know TH...u noe wat I mean ;) terrain show off here...would be more succesful here..cuz only like 9 members r on posting..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.