Question about interrupting events

thorhunter

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So I know there are events that under some circumstances can interrup trigger currently running:

Example:
Trigger:
  • Trigger1
    • Events
      • Unit - Sorceress 0396 <gen> Takes damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_int = 2

Trigger:
  • Trigger2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_int = 1
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage Sorceress 0396 <gen>, dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Player - Add Temp_int to Player 1 (Red) Current gold

This makes the actions queue go as follows:
Trigger:
  • Set Temp_int = 1
    • Set Temp_int = 2
    • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage Sorceress 0396 <gen>, dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    • Player - Add Temp_int to Player 1 (Red) Current gold

Now, my question is, how will adding 'Wait 0.00' seconds to 'Trigger1' influence the queue of actions? Will it put the 'Set Temp_int = 2' at the end of queue? If so, are there any major drawbacks of using this method or is it applicable in certain situations?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
there is some sort of minimum wait time, which may or may not break whatever you are trying to accomplish (I am unclear from this trigger..), but no - what would actually happen is all the actions of trigger 2 would process, then shortly after the actions from trigger 1

you can play around with it by sending text messages to the game - like have an action in trigger 1 say "trigger 1 action 1", and then a similar action in trigger 2, and then add waits/etc. as you want to see what effect it has

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.