Question about Monitor Resolution

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
My monitor runs best at 1360x768, according to the documentation. I've been running it at that resolution with no problems. At least, I was until this morning. I shut my computer off last night, like I do most nights, and then when I turned it on this morning it had changed to 1280x768 resolution and things were blurry. I don't even have the option to set my monitor to 1360x768 anymore. Right now I'm using 1280x720, which seems to be the best of the available options, but 1360x768 looks far better. Any ideas on how to fix this so I can use that resolution?

Things I've tried
  • Reinstalling graphics driver
  • Reinstalling monitor driver
  • Using "System Restore" to go back to a point when I knew the 1360x768 resolution worked

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I have never heard of any kind of monitor running at those resolutions.

What kind of monitor is this, and what kind of graphics card are you using?

trb92

Reaction score
Monitor: LG W1953T 18.5" diagonal monitor.

Graphics: Integrated Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Chipset, according to my Device Manager. Never actually had to look this up before.

trb92

Reaction score
That pages just gives me the same information I can get from the driver CD and the printed instruction manual that came with the computer, except that it says I should use 1366x768 resolution. Odd, the monitor says 1360x768.

The problem is that I just can't figure out how to use that resolution, it isn't in my list to select. Basically, I want to know how to re-add 1360x768 to this list
View attachment Resolution.bmp

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.