Question about MUI'ness

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Well maybe the thread title was a bit incorrect, this isn't exactly about MUI as it is about the opposite if MUI. Well i know what MUI is and what it allows, but let's get to the point.

What i can't understand is when for example a spell is NOT MUI. Say we have two abilities, both of them based of storm bolt, but they do different things ( aka triggered to do different things, it still stuns/damages tho ). So, they have different names, and does this count as not MUI? When the spell is based off the same ability, or when the spells are identical? This i could never understand. A rather simple question, but i just recently realized that i don't know this.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
A spell made in the object editor is ALWAYS MUI.

If you're making a spell using triggers, then there's a possibility that it will no longer be MUI due to the use of waits in combinations with certain variables and presets and such.

E.G.
Events
unit starts the effect of an ability
condition
ability = megaawesomeability
action
wait 2.00 seconds
unit - kill (target of ability being cast)

When you cast this, (target of ability being cast) is set to your target being cast. After 2 seconds "(target of ability being cast)" is killed.
However. If someone casts it on unit a, then one second later, someone else casts it on unit b, when the first caster reaches two seconds from the wait, you will notice that (target of ability being cast) is set to unit b! OH NOES!
So instead, unit b dies, and unit a survives as if nothing happens. This is an example when a spell becomes no longer MUI.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
So basically not mui'ness is when two identically triggered spells are used ( or just the same triggered spell ) ? Well in that case, i guess it's not that much of a "must be" feature.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
So basically not mui'ness is when two identically triggered spells are used ( or just the same triggered spell ) ? Well in that case, i guess it's not that much of a "must be" feature.

It's not MUI when it's a triggered spell that has the possibility of having certain variables overwritten by a second caster while it's still being executed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.