Question for hero pick

apostolis

Reaction score
Hi everyone and thank you for all the infos you gave me till now.I just wat to know how will i make a trigger so when you pick a hero not to have any other option to pick another.For example in dota when you pick a hero the icons of other heroes in the taverns disapears.Any easy idea for this.Thank you in advance

foodflare

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
there're several ways that can be accomplished but it depends upon how you have your hero selection system set up

Headrushed

Reaction score
One good way to do this without using triggers is using the "possesion" ability. Makes things pretty neat and easy if you're not using taverns, although you do have to edit the spell so that it can target only heros.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
One good way to do this without using triggers is using the "possesion" ability. Makes things pretty neat and easy if you're not using taverns, although you do have to edit the spell so that it can target only heros.

But casting possesion between to players at the same time would give it a bug.

IronTrout

Reaction score
Doesn't Dota use an invisible unit that sits next to the taverns? When you pick a hero, the invisible unit is removed.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Doesn't Dota use an invisible unit that sits next to the taverns? When you pick a hero, the invisible unit is removed.

Yeah, but ally invisible units are still there, means you can still see the heroes on the tavern, but dota, I dunno

apostolis

Reaction score
Thanks for everything.As i see there is no known way to do this.Soo maybe i have to ask icefrog himself :p

foodflare

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
there is a known way to do this, it was never said there is no way to do it, all you gotta do if you use the invis unit next to a hero tavern issue is when they obtain the hero trigger in "Player - Limit training of Heroes to 0 for (Triggering player)"

Rare_Yeoman

Cool Member
Reaction score
I know there is a better way, but my idea is that you add a lumber cost to the hero. Assuming that this map only has heros and doesn't involve gathering lumber, you simply give the players a starting amount of lumber, 1 if you want, and make that the cost of buying that hero.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.