Question on Cinematic Random Numbers

Mindless

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've noticed a problem: First I turned Cinematic Mode on for all players. Then I generated a random number from 1 to 5. My camera view will change depending on the outcome. Now, no matter how many times I generate it, the random number is always the same (5). If I turn cinematic mode off, it starts generating them properly. Why?

johnnymra

Reaction score
I haven't encountered the problem... but why not simply generate the number before turning the cinematic on? it would do the same thing... unless you use some waits or something...

Mindless

Reaction score
Genius... why didn't I think of that....

However, I'm turning Cinematic mode on and off constantly. Let's say I generated a random number. I then turn cinematic mode on, which fixes the random seed as Weep said. Then I turn it off again, and start generating another random number. Will it be random then?

And also, better still, can I just set the random seed using a line of custom script or something manually? Like Custom Script: call SetRandomSeed(GetSystemTime()) or something.

P.S. I just made that line of code up, but does it work? Logically it should... and that's what I usually do for C++

johnnymra

Reaction score
Yes... you could turn if on and off repeatedly... but i would look ugly and probably if you have cinematic transitions from units they would stop...

As for that code i don't know, i can't tell.

Mindless

Reaction score
No, that's my point! I need to turn the cinematics on and off. I'm asking if it generates a new random seed every time the cinematic is turned off. Does it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.