Quick Hero Feedback Appreciated :]

Aniconic

I am the very model of a modern major general!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm in the process of slowly thinking of Hero Ideas for afree for all Deathmatch Arena, and I was interested in some second opinions on overall ideas. :]

Forgive me if the Abilities are a little unbalanced, But I figured I should just get the basic Ideas out there so you guys could critique them as they apply to overall synergy and relevance to the theme of the hero.

Hunter -
Primary Attribute: Agility

Str: 18 @ +1.50 a level
Agil: 23 @ +2 a level
Int: 16 @ +.75

Abilities:

Summon Quill-hound - [Level 1 - 3]
Mana Cost: 55
30 sec cool down

Summon a trained Quilbeast companion to assist you in battle.

Level 1 stats: 200 Health and dealing 9 - 18 ranged physical damage, lasts 30.

Level 2 stats: 300 Health and dealing 10 - 20 ranged physical damage, Lasts 30 seconds.

Level 3 stats: 325 Health and dealing 12 - 24 ranged physical damage, Lasts 60 seconds.

Camouflage - [Level 1 - 3]
Mana cost: 75
30 second cool down

Gives all friendly units within range around the hunter convincing camouflage, making them invisible and reducing their movement speed by 25% for a short period of time, or until the hunter attacks.

Level 1 - Lasts a maximum of 8 seconds

Level 2 - Lasts a maximum of 10 seconds

Level 3 - Lasts a maximum of 15 seconds

True-shot Aura - [Level 1 - 3]
Passive Aura

An Aura that offers bonus damage for friendly ranged units.

Level 1 - Increases the damage dealt by friendly ranged units by 5%.

Level 2 - Increases the damage dealt by friendly ranged units by 7%.

Level 3 - Increases the damage dealt by friendly ranged units by 10%.

Build Hunter's Pillbox - [Level 1]
Mana cost: 150
120 second Cool down

Allows the hunter to construct a Pillbox that the hunter can occupy and shoot from. This structure has a passive camouflage ability that hides the pillbox. Lasts 45 seconds.

Level 1 - Creates a pillbox that the hunter can occupy and shoot from. Lasts 45 seconds.

All opinions welcome! This is my first hero, So by all means, be brutal, haha. :p

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
I like the first 3 abilities. They work well together for stalking enemies and hiding, waiting. The pillbox idea is a little boring to me as a hunter should be moving and chasing enemies, I would try to find a replacement.

Aniconic

Reaction score
I like the first 3 abilities. They work well together for stalking enemies and hiding, waiting. The pillbox idea is a little boring to me as a hunter should be moving and chasing enemies, I would try to find a replacement.

When I thought of it I was thinking it could be used as a last resort for the hunter if he was getting his ass kicked lol. Like assuming he was getting ganked, he could summon a pillbox and get in it quickly, or fall back to an already build one that was in hiding.

I see what your saying though, it would still be boring because you wouldn't be able to cast abilities for 45 seconds.

Maybe a trap ulti that the player could set every so often that stunned and dealt damage to the trap triggering unit? Or would that be annoying...?

HeX.16

Reaction score
Traps that can be set and detonated on command OR when an enemy is near to it would be nice. I would make it so i can be interchangeable by clicking(using) an ability that either the trap itself or the hero has. This idea is much more fun but more complex.

Aniconic

Reaction score
I love that idea!

What if:

I made a trigger that added a dummy ability called "Detonate" with "D" as the hotkey and in button position (2,1) if a unit learns the trap ability. When a player uses the trap ability and creates a mine in a location, have a trigger add that unit to a unit group array (player number of casting unit).

And finally, when a unit uses "detonate", a trigger will select all units in the unit group array of that player and kill those mine units/remove them from the unit group.

Think that would work?

HeX.16

Reaction score
It would. Its a rather simple trigger. If you need help post up what you have and i will help.

Aniconic

Reaction score
It would. Its a rather simple trigger. If you need help post up what you have and i will help.

I appreciate that a lot!

EDIT: Figured it out, Lol, alright on to some quick triggering!

HeX.16

Reaction score
Use the ability Berserk(orc ability) Set all the fields like durration(0.01) and bonuses to 0. Then make a trigger when this ability is cast. You run your trigger.]

Trigger:
  • Test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to **Dummy Ability**
    • Actions

Aniconic

Reaction score
Here is what I have so far.

Finished the code, but for whatever reason, Detonate (Dummy ability) isn't given to the learning unit :\

This trigger runs when a hero learns the Plant Explosive Ability:
Trigger:
  • Learns Explosive charge
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Plant Explosive - [Level 1]
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Learn skill for (Learning Hero): Detonate!
        • Else - Actions

This runs when either one of the abilities are cast:

Trigger:
  • Casts an ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Plant Explosive - [Level 1]
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Planted_Bombs[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Detonate!
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Planted_Bombs[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
        • Else - Actions

And finally, I added a remove unit from unit group with an if/then/else statement in my "a unit dies" trigger. If its TLDR, just read the bottom part.

Trigger:
  • Unit Dies
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in All_Players and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • And - All (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to (Picked player)
                  • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
              • Set Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + 1)
              • Unit Group - Add (Dying unit) to Dead_Heroes
              • Unit Group - Remove (Dying unit) from Heroes
              • Set Kill_Camera_Visibility[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Last created visibility modifier)
              • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Dying unit)) emitting Visibility across Arena Whole <gen>
              • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Dying unit)) to (Killing unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
              • Set TempIntArray[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Player_Color[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + (|r + ( was just killed by + (Player_Color[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (|r + !)))))))
            • Else - Actions
              • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of players in All_Players), do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Planted_Bombs[(Integer A)] and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Dying unit) Equal to (Picked unit)
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from Planted_Bombs[(Integer A)]
                        • Else - Actions

HeX.16

Reaction score
If you want more feed back i would suggest a small test map with the hero, people like to see visual things rather than read xD

Aniconic

Reaction score
If you want more feed back i would suggest a small test map with the hero, people like to see visual things rather than read xD

Oh yeah sure thing, Hang on, I'll load everything into a map for you.

I've actually been having some serious issues with getting the game to put the mines into the correct unit group. :S

Edit: There it is :] as you can see i am an ability noob. It really couldn't be any less polished If i tried. Rofl. Oh well, I can deal with it later when we figure it out!

Attachments

• testmap.w3x
    9.5 KB · Views: 108

HeX.16

Reaction score
Here i fixed it a bit xD It works now xD

Added Camouflage its not exactly how you wanted but i dont have time to create it right now. Maybe a little later.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.