Quick question.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
I completed a blink strike ability all working i wanted to add some touches here and there, i got stuck. . . How do i make the caster blink behind the target?

BcBoy

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Blink Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink
    • Actions
      • Set BlinkTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set BlinkDestination = ((Position of BlinkTarget) offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of BlinkTarget) + 180.00) degrees)
      • Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to BlinkDestination, facing (Facing of BlinkTarget) degrees

Variables:
BlinkTarget = Unit
BlinkDestination = Point

Of course it will require more triggering if you want specialeffects and other actions aswell. This requires that Blink is a dummy-ability given to the hero with no effect.

Also, depending on the size of your hero the offset may be changed. I just took 100.00 as an example. Try different values and look what's looking best.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok, first change the event of that trigger to "A unit Starts the effect of an ability", and then you also want to (Should ?) clean the two leaks which that trigger contains...

Trigger:
  • Blink Example
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set BlinkTargetPos = (Position of BlinkTarget)
      • Set BlinkDestination = (BlinkTargetPos offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of BlinkTarget) + 180.00) degrees)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to BlinkDestination, facing (Facing of BlinkTarget) degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BlinkTargetPos)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BlinkDestination)

Please use that trigger instead, as it's better to start with cleaning leak early, or it'll be a mess later on when you have MANY triggers which leak ;)

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Ok, first change the event of that trigger to "A unit Starts the effect of an ability", and then you also want to (Should ?) clean the two leaks which that trigger contains...

Trigger:
  • Blink Example
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set BlinkTargetPos = (Position of BlinkTarget)
      • Set BlinkDestination = (BlinkTargetPos offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of BlinkTarget) + 180.00) degrees)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to BlinkDestination, facing (Facing of BlinkTarget) degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BlinkTargetPos)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BlinkDestination)

Please use that trigger instead, as it's better to start with cleaning leak early, or it'll be a mess later on when you have MANY triggers which leak ;)
I know what to do. I just needed the angles lol.
Ty for helping. +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.