Sci/Tech Race to serve up artificial chicken for a $1m prize

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Come on guys, you don't feed hordes of hungry people with artificial meat. Or even real meat. You feed them with basic agriculture, i.e. grain/corn/potatoes/etc. Going up the food chain is horribly inefficient. Pretty sure growing meat in a lab is not going to get more time/space/energy efficient than growing GE corn out in a field.

Also, you can't generalize among vegetarians :p. Some vegetarianism/veganism will spring from religious affiliations and the priests/rabbis/whatever can sort that out. Some of them are using it as part of a diet, and the artificial stuff will be nutritionally equivalent (theoretically). Still others, like the sponsoring group here, just don't want to kill animals. Just because you don't want to kill animals doesn't mean you don't want to eat meat -.-. There are fake meat products everywhere (at least where I live), companies are constantly competing to come up with something that people will buy. On that note, I'm not sure why PETA feels like it needs to add another incentive, there was already plenty of money on the line.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Still others, like the sponsoring group here, just don't want to kill animals. Just because you don't want to kill animals doesn't mean you don't want to eat meat -.-.
Good point.

Took me a while to get it, though =/
My initial thought was that if you didn't wanna' kill animals for meat, you'd be against meat in general.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.