Random Groups: usable in triggers?

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
So I like setting up the Advanced>Random Groups with a series of nice randomly generated groups, BUT how would I take advantage of these nice little random list for a trigger?

I have yet to find anyway to access the Random Group list with a trigger.

M

MoonRazer

ok this is just a guess because i dont know what u are talking about but i think i am close, if i am really off just ignore the post. Couldn't u somehow set that group equal to a "Unit Group"? if in a trigger u can set it to that then u are set if not never mind :p

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Nope, doesnt work that way. Its not a variable sadly enough anywhere.

I guess I could make my own with triggers, and similate the tool, but its not easier that way and I dont gain much for doing so.

To clarify what I am talking about. In the WE, click on Advanced Menu, look for Random Groups. Click on it.

Now you can create a group, then name it something. After that you can assign creatures to each slot. By making more levels you can make it random by percentage, by making more columns you can make different levels of the same random group. Then you assign it to a random unit in the unit palette and it will pick from that group. It good for seeding a map with random units that arent overly random.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.