Spellpack Random spells (Inspired by Dragonball)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Ye I can do the drain life part but I have no idea how to damage the units the amount of damage drained =/

Variables hold value, my friend. It's what they're used for. :)

But what you can do is pick every unit in the Genkidama area, and for every unit picked drain some life and mana from them. Add that amount to a variable called "GenkidamaDamage". As a loop repeats itself, it will slowly (relatively slowly...) add more and more life/mana drained.
Then, when it is the time for damage, use the variable called "GenkidamaDamage" to damage the target. Multiply it by any factor needed, naturally (such as level).
I would suggest having the "GenkidamaDamage" variable independent to every instance of the spell (as in, MUI).

> Hm, should I lower the area wich the random point can occure within?

I think the explosions and the damage aren't simply together. Seemed to me like the units not hit by the explosions lost Hit points. :eek:

> Ye this is the spell I have had the most problem in making, I will see what I can do..

Well, you could make it lateral. What I mean is that the unit isn't necessarily needed to go directly above the caster. It could go up, but still at an horizontal distance from the unit.
Because currently, with the target unit forced to go directly above the caster, you are forced to move the caster if things go wrong. Fortunately, by not raising the target directly above the caster, you can fix this problem. Then, the rest is easy: Add an explosion, and make sure there are no bugs left!

Good luck. :)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
>Variables hold value, my friend. It's what they're used for. :)

Hm yes indeed but is there a way to add the amount they drain? Have made the drain parts now and they work correctly however the damage isn't set to the full drain amount.

>I think the explosions and the damage aren't simply together. Seemed to me like the units not hit by the explosions lost Hit points. :eek:

Wops... They sure were not^^ The damage was at the caster and the effect at the random point. Fixed and working.

>Well, you could make it lateral. What I mean is that the unit isn't necessarily needed to go directly above the caster. It could go up, but still at an horizontal distance from the unit.

Hm yes however it could be hard to make the beam reach the unit if it's not over him =/

Edit: Codes and map updated! :D

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
I wanted to try out the spells in game, but it appears the map is impossible to play from normal WC3 TFT.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
I just launched WC3 and tryed to load the map, no errors, it just went to the main WC3 screen after launch, so your saying the only way to look at the abilitys is by useing the newgen WC3 launcher? Not much of a demo if you can't actualy demo it in normal WC3.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I think you have to set up the Force Properties (since Grimoire has some custom test map settings that have can cause problems like that, for me at least)

Go to Grimoire menu -> Customize test map settings -> Ensure the option at the top is unchecked, then add a second, enemy force in the Scenario -> Force Properties, and it should work fine

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
I just launched WC3 and tryed to load the map, no errors, it just went to the main WC3 screen after launch, so your saying the only way to look at the abilitys is by useing the newgen WC3 launcher? Not much of a demo if you can't actualy demo it in normal WC3.
I just downloaded and tested it and it worked fine for me. Are you sure you used newgen and saved before testing?

Edit:
>Go to Grimoire menu -> Customize test map settings -> Ensure the option at the top is unchecked.
Just checked that and the box is unchecked. It should work fine, did for me.

tuantai120

Cool Member
Reaction score
this map had bug cannot open
Line 1613: Unexpected (CreateUnit(GetOwningPlayer(Unit),DummyID,x,y,0))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.