Reasons as why too only play the game and not mod/edit/create in it...

Reaction score
Oh and by the way, you can't get all the code that is used in the data editor and edit it the way you said you wanted to because it isn't done in the galaxy scripting language but C scripting language. So its actually quicker than it would be if you coded it in Galaxy scripting language.

D.V.D did. I was wondering what he meant by that.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
D.V.D did. I was wondering what he meant by that.

What he said is wrong :) On both a factual and on a logical level.
Look at the spoiler to see the factual incorrectness of his post.
In order to see his logical fault, just think about the conversation:

S: The problem is that SC2 is designed in a way that doesn't allow us to create data with code.
D: Serra, you're wrong! Creating data with code doesn't work! Because of the way SC2 is designed! Blablabla (stuff that doesn't make any sense)

And this goes on and on.

@Slapshot136
Galaxy specs are based on ANSI C specs. Nothing to do with Cpp at all. And galaxy is not compiled to C, rather than compiled to bytecode.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Nah your just not letting yourself use the data editor that allows you to create data, instead you focus on triggers rather than whats given to you. Maybe it would be easier to create data with code for you and others but it doesn't really makes a difference in terms of limitations. Data editor allows you to edit basically all possible fields in a ability,unit,item,etc. If you wanted to code the creation of data, you would still probably have the same limitations as the data editor, therefore it really makes no difference, just a different way of doing things. Oh and the C thing, I meant that the abilities and stuff made in data editor are run in C code or whatever language was coded to make the game. Thats at least what I heard in multiple question threads asking if it would be faster in game if you coded abilities or created them in the data editor.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Nah your just not letting yourself use the data editor that allows you to create data, instead you focus on triggers rather than whats given to you.
And that's why I say: What is given to me is not what I want.

Maybe it would be easier to create data with code for you and others but it doesn't really makes a difference in terms of limitations.
Not being able to code that stuff is a limitation of the editor.

Data editor allows you to edit basically all possible fields in a ability,unit,item,etc. If you wanted to code the creation of data, you would still probably have the same limitations as the data editor, therefore it really makes no difference, just a different way of doing things.
Which would be fine. Do you really think that it would be better if one or the other had more power?

Oh and the C thing, I meant that the abilities and stuff made in data editor are run in C code or whatever language was coded to make the game. Thats at least what I heard in multiple question threads asking if it would be faster in game if you coded abilities or created them in the data editor.
And now where's the big difference to galaxy?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.