Reducing Load times

WorpeX

Reaction score
I dunno why my map has such a long load time, its not nearly as complex as some other maps that have a shorter load time (like dota for example).

Anyone know how to reduce the load time?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Loading time mostly depends on the amount of custom object data you have (units, abilities etc).
The game needs to convert these to an appropriate format while the map is loading...you can spare it the trouble by converting them yourself using the Widgetizer. This should greatly reduce the loading time at the cost of increasing your map's size by a certain amount.
Apart from that...well see if you can cut that object data a bit.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Did you by any chance have alot of heroes or units placed on your map?
Usually by placing those heroes on the map, you add your load time because you're preloading them.

WorpeX

Reaction score
Ah, thanks. I think i'll do what LH suggested and remove some units on the map and than spawn them in a trigger instead.

The only reason why I wouldn't use the widgetizer is cause I have dial-up and increasing the download time is not an option. its already a good two minutes to download from me. (only a few seconds from other people though)

R

Ricky

Hi

:D Hi~Ricky

Another thing you could try would be to convert all the triggers into custom text in edit. But unless you know how to use jass after you have done that you cant change the trigger. Im not sure if this actually loads faster but it worked for me no idea why.lol:confused: Try downloading vexorians wrc3 map optimiser it is suposedly a locker but it doesnt protect games for me but it really reduces the file size its great.:D

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> spawn them in a trigger instead
As a warning - this will cause that small freeze when the unit is first spawned (if you player some older footmen frenzy then you should know what I'm taking about). IMO this freeze can be far more annoying to players than a long loading time.
The choice is your though.

> Another thing you could try would be to convert all the triggers into custom text in edit
Of course it's worth mentioning that this will do absolutely nothing apart from making it harder for you if you don't know Jass.

WorpeX

Reaction score
Well, my map is an AoS so I get the freeze anyway when players choose their hero.

And I think i'll try that optimizer thing, would be great to reduce the file size...

Thanks guys!

S

shadowvzs

how can i use Widgetizer? because i tryed and map before converting was 1300kb after 1320 :D i checked all thing in widgetizer before its convert my map

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.