Reducing Windows ME checkpoints

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
Windows ME takes periodic checkpoints, I believe one every 10 hours of operation, to be used for system restores. My Windows ME computer has become my primary computer as of February since it is the one using DSL connection and has 512 of Ram. Here are counts of the checkpoints available by month. I assume that it keeps a rolling 7 months worth of checkpoints since I got this computer in July but can only see restorable checkpoints as early as September 3rd.

Sep 2001 20
Oct 2001 19
Nov 2001 15
Dec 2001 22
Jan 2002 35
Feb 2002 78
through Mar 17, 2002 34

Is there any way to cut down on the number of checkpoints taken each day, or the number of months checkpoints are available. I would guess that the current 215 checkpoint have got to be chomping up some significant HD space and that the 215 number will increase significantly since I will have this computer turned on all the time, that was not the case from September through January, which is why those months have such a low number of checkpoints. :eek:

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
I realize/found that
right click on my computer
performance tab
file sytem button

I can then adjust the "System Restore disk space use:"

Reducing the maximum space allocated got rid of a lot of the older checkpoints, so now I only have February and March checkpoints. However, I was wondering if there was some way I could tell the operating system how often time wise or event wise that I want checkpoints taken. I had one day where 16 checkpoints were taken.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.