Remove terran only validation

bluedevil333

Reaction score
Hello. this is my third thread in a couple days, so i'm sorry, but i'm trying to make a map, and I am running into problems.

I have made it so my probe (protoss) can make a bunker (terran) but the bunker can not load any protoss units (it says they need to be terran)
in the data editor I see the requires terran validation, but I can not remove it, is there any way to bypass this, or a workaround?

i'm just learning so step by step or a link to something similar would be appreciated. thanks

Kyuft

Reaction score
Not sure if this works, but go to the Bunker Load-Unload (Bunker) ability and go to Ability: Load Validators. Delete Requires Terran.

-Kyuft:shades:

bluedevil333

Reaction score
nope, doesn't work, I pressed delete and nothing happens, I right click and there is no delete button…. any other ideas :p

bluedevil333

Reaction score
i figured it out :)

i can't delete anything, but I can change them.
i changed the "Validator: Compare" to "Not Equal To"

now the terran people cant get in, but that's their problem now :p
jk, is there a better way that I can get ALL races to be able to go into a bunker?

almost :p
thanks for the help

Kyuft

Reaction score
There is a better way. You don't need to press delete at all. Go where I told you to in my last post, and double click on "Requires Terran" in the "Ability: Load Validators +" field. Now click on "Requires Terran" in the big white box and hit the little red X on the side of the popup.

I just tested it and it works.

Please +rep If I helped you.

bluedevil333

Reaction score
There is a better way. You don't need to press delete at all. Go where I told you to in my last post, and double click on "Requires Terran" in the "Ability: Load Validators +" field. Now click on "Requires Terran" in the big white box and hit the little red X on the side of the popup.

I just tested it and it works.

Please +rep If I helped you.

i can not seem to find where that is….can you take a screenshot? thanks :D

Kyuft

Reaction score
PICTURES:
kJPsc.png

5vsog.png

LNtau.png

Mra0O.png

PRESS "OK"!
CONGRATULATIONS!

bluedevil333

Reaction score
i didn't have "show advanced values" clicked -_-
now I see it, thanks again…now if I completely mess up something, and the undo button doesn't work, how can I set the default values for the items in the data editor?

bluedevil333

Reaction score
i didn't have the advanced values button clicked, so I couldn't see the Load Validators field, but I clicked it, and I can see a lot more now.

if I accidentally delete something, or edit it and it doesn't get saved in the undo box, how would I retrieve the values I deleted from the data editor?

sorry about the confusion in my last post

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You can reset a property to its default value by right-clicking on the property value and going to Reset to Parent Value (if you right-click the property name it will be greyed out) and selecting the first item in the list. This can also be done on entire objects by right-clicking the object and selecting Reset <Data Type> to Parent.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.