replace map pic with custom

U

Unregistered

how do you replace the map picture that appears with the map description when you're creating/joining/hosting a map ...
i have seen some maps with some nice custom pics and i was just wodering how you do it .....

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Open up your map in WinMPQ (look for it on google or something). The file you are looking for is 'war3mapPreview'. This file can be replaced with a picture of your own. I think the only requirement is that the picture you are using to replace it must be a tga file.

Edit: I just found that the file 'war3mapPreview.tga' is by default not contained inside your map. But I believe if you add a picture with this file name into your map, then it should work fine.

X

XsK_Joe

Ok... sorry.

I am not sure if this thread is dead, but since my issue is similiar I figured adding it here would be ok. Feel free to move this.

I have did everything for a custom minimap image,

1) Get tools
2) Find picture, convert to .tga, and edits image size to 128 by 128 pixel
3) Save in .tga format.
4) Import into WE and call it war3mapPreview.tga
5) Save map and close WE
6) Open WE and test map, quit map and goto single player / custom game and search for map.... look at map preview... and see a

Big yellow question mark?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
X

XsK_Joe

Actually that is what I followed to get what I have done.

As a quick tip, I have done a custom loading screen, so its not like I haven't sone something similiar. It must be something not obvious... or very obvious where I don't see it @.@ Meh, I am making another .tga and gonna try it... maybe something about the conversion. *I use adobe photoshop.*

So, I am making another image at 128 by 128. >.> gonna see what happens in like 5 min. Will reply, until then if any of you guys get any ideas letme know

Ty in advance *btw I will register soon. =)

X

XsK_Joe

No sir... :(

No such luck, some odd reason it doesn't show up... just a yellow question mark.

Do you think alpha channels have something to do with it? I dun know how to delete / get rid of them, and sadly I really don't know much about them. If they have anything to do with .tga formats plz somebody explain so that I can get a good grasp on how to solve my problem.

TY in advance :)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
post your picture

R

romek1uk

lol, intersting...
when i make custom minimap preview thing i make 256x256 pictures

i dont know if thats your problem but... try...

X

XsK_Joe

Sigh

No help... =.= ok, well I switched it into .blp, so do I change the custom pathing to war3mapPreview.blp ? or keep it .tga... >..< explain which and why etc... neither seem to work

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.