Request: very simple spell

jnZ

I
Reaction score
hey jass ppl :> i know it sucks to just write a request and let you guys do the work but i rly know nearly nothing about jass and this simple trigger should take nearly no time for you guys.

backgroundinfo: i want to make a MUI spell that boost the attackspeed of a unit greatly but after a short while (2 seconds or something) it gets stunned for a certain amount of time.

ill base it out of berserk (attackspeed bonus) and the stun will be a modified stormbolt casted by a dummy unit. so i need you guys to write a MUI trigger for the timing thing (2 seconds after cast create dummy,add ability, order blabl) that is MUI. i dont know how to do this MUI in GUI. thanks in advance

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Events
Generic - A unit starts the effect of an ability

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to <your ability>

Actions
Wait 2.00 seconds of game-time
Unit - Create 1 <dummy unit> for ....
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Triggering unit)
Unit - Add 2.00 seconds generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

jnZ

I
Reaction score
great... thats not MUI... unit 1 casts the ability (unit 1 is triggering unit) 1 second later unit 2 casts (unit 2 is triggering unit) 1 second later the 2 seconds wait ends and unit 2 will be affected by the stun

jnZ

I
Reaction score
its rly that easy? omg looks like i was tottaly wrong informated about waits in triggers that refer to triggering unit etc. sry about this stupid post then :)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> waits in triggers that refer to triggering unit etc

The "problem" here is the "etc" part.

"Triggering unit" is very stable.
So is "dying unit" for example, and a couple others.

However, anything spell related can not really be trusted.
"Casting unit" and "Target unit of ability being cast" are the two most used event responses that don't make it past a wait.
"Triggering unit" instead of "Casting unit" solves one part of that problem...

jnZ

I
Reaction score
thanks for the information AceHeart thats good to know. looks like a really misunderstood something a long time ago

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.