[RESULTS POSTED] The Tower Contest - The 5th Iteration

killingdyl

Reaction score
ok little late questioning but by may 10th do you mean that the contest is closed on the 10th or the 10th is the last day to submit?

OFFTOPIC: 100 posts!

EDIT: My submission.
The Hypo Altar. Unleash the power of an altar. Fire will rise from the ground and each point on the shape will attack nearby enemies. The altar also has a mind of its own and there for, its own attack!

Attachments

• Tower Contest Test Map - KillingDyl.w3x
    33.8 KB · Views: 261

Dirac

Reaction score
My submission

The Meat Grinder

Picks up enemy corpses and drags em to the spinning grinder, then smashes them to the enemies causing a high amount of damage

Attachments

• MeatGrinderTower.w3x
    102.1 KB · Views: 240

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Stardust Vault

STARDUST VAULT

A heavy defensive structure that collects particles of matter that fall to Earth from the stars. Releases massive waves of energy that breaks the body structure of an enemy unit, pulvurizing them. If there is no valid target around, the Stardust Tower will release the next stardust missile at space.
testtyh.png

Attachments

• Tower Contest - Nherwyziant.w3x
    52.4 KB · Views: 259

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
@Nherwyziant

Nice one, the Stardust Vault. You use some of my favourite Warcraft models for the tower and its effects! It lags a little for me with several towers, but +rep for sure :)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Of course you did. And of course I credited you ;) (refer to Weep's post). And while it was uploaded on a resource site, I imagine it was free to use for anyone, as long as credit was given.

Of course, I was just wondering :p Hey, that's pretty cool!

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Warp Tower
by Weep​

egcn7q.jpg

A tower that warps units back in time to a position at least 5 seconds past, at least 1000 distance along their path, though decreased by magic immunity and repeated warping. Useful to increase your maze's damage output by making creeps run through it again, or catching leaks. It has a slow rate of fire, and an active ability that channels a wall for 10 seconds that warps all enemies passing through it. Its mana regenerates more slowly while attacking or casting.

I made all the special effects models, except Vex's dummy.mdx of course. :) Text editor + .mdx/.mdl converter FTW!

Note to Ghan: the UnitHistory system and accompanying modules are not specifically for this tower, but this tower prompted me to create them and they should probably be judged with it.

I uploaded an older version of the tower a little while ago, because I thought the time of day of the deadline in the last contest was soon and I wanted to make sure I had something uploaded. The archive TD5 - Weep - Warp Tower (1).zip is the original upload. TD5 - Weep - Warp Tower (final).zip is the update.

Attachments

• TD5 - Weep - Warp Tower (1).zip
    145.3 KB · Views: 245
  • TD5 - Weep - Warp Tower (final).zip
    148.2 KB · Views: 247

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I have collected all of the entries. Judging will probably begin later this week. I'll let you know as soon as I have the results. :)

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
I'm sure gonna lose because my tower isn't finished yet. I was just forced to submit because of the deadline thing.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
i just want to say good luck to all contestants! :)

My guess: Weep, TheDamien and Smith.. XD

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Wow weep that tower is awesome. I really wish you luck and to all the other contestants loads of luck with beating that.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Wow weep that tower is awesome. I really wish you luck and to all the other contestants loads of luck with beating that.

IMO I don't like the concept of the tower. It's too...unoriginal. But nothing is wrong with the tower. I'm just picky with ideas. My tower wont win though. :p

killingdyl

Reaction score
IMO I don't like the concept of the tower. It's too...unoriginal. But nothing is wrong with the tower. I'm just picky with ideas. My tower wont win though. :p

i agree. even tho its not that unoriginal, i kinda want to look at the coding to see how it works but ITS IN A FRICKEN .j file and opening it in notebook doesnt work so well. my tower is gonna lose probably

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Why thank you...but I don't think they'll need the luck - there were a bunch of really nice towers submitted. :thup:

i kinda want to look at the coding to see how it works but ITS IN A FRICKEN .j file and opening it in notebook doesnt work so well.
That's what you have to do to use vJASS on a Mac, since there's no NewGen to allow the World Editor to save vJASS code directly into the map without error. Imagine what it was like creating it. :eek:

As for highlighting vJASS without NewGen, I recommend jEdit with Vexorian's definitions.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
HydraRancher your tower was awesome looking but i think the coding let you down a bit (havent seen weeps coding either) the effects looked really good but the towers spells seemed simple(more than my level though) still good work on it.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
HydraRancher your tower was awesome looking but i think the coding let you down a bit (havent seen weeps coding either) the effects looked really good but the towers spells seemed simple(more than my level though) still good work on it.

The coding met the criteria.

Coding Efficiency said:
Do your tower's trigger-enhanced abilities work as intended? Are all the leaks eliminated? Is it done in the best way possible? Are there any errors?

They were very very simple, but they worked as intended, the leaks were all removed, it was probably done the best way possible and there aren't any errors. So, I know it's simple. But it should be good for the points. ;)

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because he had to import them.

And it's TextEdit, thank you very much (or jEdit).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.