Ridiculous Bug - use to transfer data between maps?

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
This bug is absurd. Open the demo map. Behind the Goblin Merchant is an item, move the camera to the right to see it. Follow these instructions.
  1. Open the map in world editor.
  2. Hit test map.
  3. Pick up the item behind the Goblin Merchant.
  4. Click the "open last inventory pocket" ability (the treasure chest icon thing). Note that a blank page displays.
  5. Press F10+E+R (restart mission).
  6. Click Open Last Inventory Pocket.
  7. Press F10+E+R.
  8. Repeat steps 3 and 4. Instead of a blank page showing, you will see "Really Big Sword"'s icon display. Uhoh.
MESSED UP, I tells you! Time for me to fix it... whilst someone figures out how to transfer data between maps with it. Or something. :D ;)

PS. I'll release ItemStruct soon. Just finishing it up, hopefully...

Attachments

• ExpandInv.w3x
    81.8 KB · Views: 179

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Wut?

I followed your instructions exactly (even not exiting from the pocket when reloading) and nothing showed up. 1.24c/Mac.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
I followed your instructions exactly (even not exiting from the pocket when reloading) and nothing showed up. 1.24c/Mac.
Sickle had the same result. Wtf? It works for me, exactly those instructions, even not exiting from the pocket when reloading...

Ugh. Spellbooks. :p

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Woho, works for me.
Isn't it freaky? Sadly, it turns out you can follow these steps:
  1. Open the map in world editor.
  2. Hit test map.
  3. Press F10+E+R (restart mission).
  4. Pick up the item behind the Goblin Merchant.
  5. Click the "open last inventory pocket" ability (the treasure chest icon thing).
And the item will display. Meaning I have no clue how to resolve this as yet. I'm gonna closely examine the object editor data, I'm really screwing something up...

I also found if you double the backslashes in an item's icon, it will display as a green square except when you have a menu up (eg. press F10) - then suddenly it displays! :D

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
I think you need to refresh war3 to see the icon. Just like multiboard, when you set a value to it, it does not change immediately. You need to minimize and maximize the multiboard in order to see the changes,

Reaction score
Yup, works.
But it's useless since you can only get the sword with restart (which can't be done in multiplayer).

Closing/re-opening wc3 didn't work.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
It's due to Wc3's fail preloading thing I'm sure. The same thing happens if you modify your races on the lobby, or the loading bar message. It will stay as that map's settings until Wc3 is reset, or something else overrides it.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I also found if you double the backslashes in an item's icon, it will display as a green square except when you have a menu up (eg. press F10) - then suddenly it displays! :D

Jesus4Lyf - Discovering things no-one else ever would, or cared about.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.