Arena Rise of Sinnergy v1

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Rise of Sinnergy
RoS
by: waaaks!

Introduction
  • In a forest lies a small arena dominated by evil. The only way to win is to use evil itself and use your sinful energy within. A 6 versus 6, not-so-fast paced hero arena like, AoS like, hero defense like game which revolves around three different victory conditions.

Developer's introduction
  • The map is an experimental one, combining three of my favorite genres and a concept that I thought would be fun and more balanced. The map is more like a gamble for me, it took me lots of precious time thinking about the concept of the map ( I would rather be sleeping without this ).

How to play
  • You fight against another player, would be fun and fast if you play 6 vs 6, that for each game, you need to have Player 1 (Red) human controlled (controls the game modes).

Pick your hero from your tavern, each hero has 1 static ability, two 3-level abilities and one 2-level ultimate ability. The required level for the ultimate abilities is 3.

For each hero kill, you generate 1 sinful energy (lumber), which is later required for more powerful items. If you die, your sinnergy will be reduced by 1 point, and for every minute, you degenerate 1 point of sinnergy, which is why you need to kill more heroes to maintain this sinful energy.

Gameplay will be improved (if necessary) and more will be added in the near future.

• Victory Conditions
    • As mentioned above, the game has three victory conditions:
      • Hero Kills
        Your team will race to the max hero kills Player 1 (Red) has chosen. The scoring is team based, you only gain point each time you or one of your teammates killed an opposing hero. If there is no Player 1 (Red), the game will use the default max hero kills which is 20 kills.
      • Evacuees Flags
        Help the evacuees escape the battlefield of evil by reaching the escape pod to win. Player 1 (Red) controls how many evacuees should each team successfully exile. If an evacuee is exiled from your city, you gain a score. Default value for exiled mayors is 6.
      • Tower Control
        I also forgot to mention that each hero has a static ability which grants you the power to control a tower which must be channeled for 5 seconds.
        capturedw.jpg

If you are attacked while channeling the ability, your hero will automatically stops the channeling. You also cannot use the ability to a tower where a unit is already channeling to (need to be tested via multiplayer). If your team captured all the towers (9 towers), then there will be a 30 second countdown, giving your opponents a chance to capture a tower to avoid defeat.

• Hero Death
    The revive system is different from most maps that uses timers, when your hero dies, a soul stone is spawned, you can control your hero's revival using the soul stone, just target a team controlled tower and wait until it finishes channeling.

If you revived you have 6 seconds of being invulnerable, this way, you will have time to run without being hurt, or kill those who waits for your revival.

• Income and Gold
    You generate an income of 1 gold per tower controlled for every 3 seconds. Gold is earned normally on killing units, killing a hero is different, you also generate gold whenever an allied unit is exiled, more gold if an evacuee is exiled.

• Creep Groups
    Introducing 4 situational neutral creep groups.
    • House Creepers
      Insects and monsters that lurks around your house. Spawns on Control Towers.
      Spawn time: 2 to 3 minutes
    • Army of the Dead
      Spawns an army of skeletons that spawns on dead bodies.
      Spawn time: 2 to 3 minutes
    • Nocturnals
      Ghosts and unexplainable creatures at night. Spawns at night (duh!).
      Spawn time: once every night
    • Demon Days
      Most powerful Creep Group, built to destroy. Spawns in front a random hero.
      Spawn time: around 4 minutes

Preview
rosscreenies.jpg

Feed backs, hero ideas, item ideas and any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

The map and thread uses my BaBE map and thread. This is really a remake of the map Beast and Beings Evolution.

Attachments

• RoS v1.00.067.w3x
    979.3 KB · Views: 348

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Well, could be a thrilling map cuz there's 3 victory conditions xD. But, how about your RotG.

Anyway, your BaBE beta test map causes fatal error. i use 1.24b ok why...

Edit: wahihi, gwapo and panget. Is that just for a while or is it the real deal?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I haven't experienced any fatal error while testing the two heroes, I need to know on what situation did the fatal error occured? I tested the map 1.24b without optimizing it, maybe there's something wrong with Widgetizer + Optimizer combination in patch 1.24b, anyways, thanks for the report.

I'm tired of RotG, it has too much ability for one specific hero that I no longer have any idea for another, also each hero has its special strength and weaknesses, lets say this hero has all invisible skills, while this hero has all knocback skills, while this hero deals a lot of magic damage and this hero deals a lot of physical damage, etc., this is a bad idea, because you can easily pick an item for that specific hero to fill its weaknesses and own the game.

My aim for now is balancing the (new) game, so that players will take time thinking on what build they must use for that one specific hero, be it beast or being.

Edit:
Removed the map due to widgetizing, or optimizing error caused by widgetizer 1.9.3 and wc3optimizer 4.9.
I cannot release the map without locking it ;)

Edit 2:
Looks like zinc is causing the problem, making it unplayable, not even seen in warcraft 3, but when tested in new gen, it plays normally.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Ok reuploaded the map, now it should work fine, the previous map may be bugged.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
This map concept is rather cool. I kinda like how there are 3 victory conditions.

Also, the heroes are pretty nice, although somewhat basic compared to your previous heroes. Nevertheless, the hero ideas are pretty nice.

The only problem I faced is not knowing where my allies and enemies are. I can't really see their indicators on the minimap.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
The only problem I faced is not knowing where my allies and enemies are. I can't really see their indicators on the minimap.
Thats true, and I really don't know how to recolor the entire team which also affects the minimap indicators. Maybe some terrain swap would fix the problem?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
JASS:
SetPlayerColor takes player whichPlayer, playercolor color returns nothing

even recoloring the minimap?

yeah, it lacks a lot of things, that is why I uploaded it here because I need help on generating ideas, I can generate ideas of my own, and don't usually depend on some ideas provided by some players, but with these ideas, I can generate another idea

Edit:
Ok looks like it worked (I should have explored the player triggers much), so now, please be careful on light blue and dark green, maybe, you'll find enemy units that are light blue and thought that they are allied.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Erm... How do you restore mana?

Btw, the new hero is pretty good. Gonna test this map with my brother 2moro.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I first thought that, mana must be precious in game, but that was the first phase of constructing the map and forgot about adding it, maybe I'll add something that would help regenerate mana.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Maybe killing stuff should regain a small amount of mana or something? Anyway, hope to post a 2-player replay soon.

EDIT: Here's the replay. The Illidan Guy pwned beastmaster like crazy.
The items are kinda cheap for their effects, but the hero himself was imba. Killed my 5 times in a row without dying (you'll see why its imba)

Attachments

• BaBE replay.w3g
    69 KB · Views: 298

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
OK lots of things regarding the imbalanced-ness of the map is fixed. Here are some of the changes:
- Nerfed the effects and revalued gold cost on some items.
- Super Being stat bonus lowered from 15 to 5 to all stats.
- Added Mana Rune which has the same drop effect with Health Pack.
- Health Pack life restore decreased.
- Changed Howl of Damnation base ability to stop conflicting with Roar based abilities.
- Nerfed Cruel Strike's life cap condition.
- Howl of Damnation mana cost increased.
- Shadow Dive mana cost increased.
- Trash slow (Cripple) duration fixed.

--------------

I watched the replay and the Super Being ability is way stronger than Beast ability, and Cursed Slayer really is imbalanced. I also felt that there's something wrong with the items, thats why I made these changes to fix some issues in the next version.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Remade the map. More information soon.
I need moderators to change the title to "Rise of Sinnergy v1" and the tag to [ARENA]. thanks.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Rise of Synergy Extreme = ROSE hahaha
Anyway, if you ever need some testing you can send me a PM, not OL in YM! much anymore since I've been busy trying to advertise my map around hehe. Add me in Garena too my username there is FhelZone. Just make a schedule if you ever need some testing and I'll try to see if I'm available at that time.

Too bad were of different levels in coding haha I can't be much of a help on the development, though I could try to do some basic terrainings if you happen to need some help on it.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
There are times that our connection sucks (especially in cloudy days and rainy days), im running Bayan DSL and I can only play lagless in Bayan DSL hosts. Thats what I really need a testing partner to test stuffs. Well the coding part, I'm also still learning, but it is enough to develop this map, and yeah, its about the ideas not the coding.

Rise of Sinful Energies = RoSE, lol, but I like Rise of Sinnergy.

Yeah we can host our own maps and play.

FhelZone

Reaction score
I am currently beta testing with a guy from warcraft garage in garena. Seems that the connection is fine today hahaha.

FhelZone

Reaction score
It's another site for map developers I guess.... We've just finished testing and I was so exhausted, since I have to play his incomplete Vampirism as the vampire for 2 times to pay for his time for playing mine... Want to perform a multiplayer test right now? I'm currently taking a break, my head's almost gonna blow from mapping.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
lol, that was funny, yeah we can trade map test, so what connection (ISP) are you using? I used bayan DSL.
I only need to finish the two heroes, and on with the basic items.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.