UPDATED 2
newer alpha version
-remade some parts of the terrain
-added more generic items

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Bump

feedbacks about the new terrain and items, some of the items I used are referenced from dota basic items (prices, bonuses), but as the time passes by, I'll remake them to match the basic needs for this game.

Looks like I need to recreate my own sounds (spree sounds) to be more original (for the sounds I used in game are from Q3 and Unreal tournament which is used by dota), I want to make the map original as it can be.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Spree sounds are hard. I know someone who once tried to use some custom ones but they were really bad.

Why not use some things the hero says whenever they score a spree and just show the spree name as text? It would be much easier and pretty cool :)

PS: Apparently, there are things that also caused desync. I used some stuff with lightning effects and it seems to cause desync as well.

EDIT: Violent Rage seems to make Stuart face the wrong direction :p
Also, Meat Chop should trigger off Violent Rage's attacks. It would be nice :)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Violent Rage seems to make Stuart face the wrong direction
the previous version of violent rage seems to face the wrong direction each cast, I worked hard for it and got it right, maybe he's not facing the wrong direction, maybe his model does, because he's not normal :p.

Also, Meat Chop should trigger off Violent Rage's attacks. It would be nice
I thought of that also, but meat chop is only good for slowing, and when violent rage attack triggers, both the caster and target are paused, there's no problem with that because when you have meat chop buff, after the violent rage attacks, you have the opportunity to slow the target, which is better.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Yep, I tested the previous version. Maybe its because of that.

Anyway, it looks boring when Stuart is running. He doesn't do anything except stand there and get launched like a rocket.

Flesh Builder seems kinda insane. It does huge amounts of damage when Stuart takes enough damage and adds incredible amounts of armour. Perhaps Stuart should not regenerate Flesh when he is being attacked or something.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
actually stuart runs like hell when he uses violent rage, it isn't that obvious because I temporarily increased his animation speed while running.

The version you played is the fixed version of Violent Rage, you may say he faces the wrong direction because of his model file.

For Flesh Builder, it needs balancing and testing, and yeah, level 2 flesh builder seems imbalanced.
Edit:
Also consider that using Violent Rage is not that accurate, he doesn't have an instant facing speed, so don't expect that where you right click and use violent rage means that Stuart runs to that point.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I'm currently making a new hero, I'm stuck with the two abilities because one of the systems I used seems to malfunction while the spells' code are right.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Then throw debug messages in the system until you find out what's wrong :p

PS: Looking forward to new hero.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
It is not my system, it's Anitarf system called SpellEvent which causes the problem.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
BUMP
~Updated~
Added new hero in the Extrinsic. Some hero may have some abilities with a an icon not fitting the hero, these icons will be changed on the final release.

I can't wait for Anitarf to look for the problem, its been 2 days and still his thread is inactive. The problem doesn't harm the game, I'm just annoyed on the debug message keep on popping out when running in debug mode.

Item information on first page, I also need item suggestions and ideas.
thanks

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
BUMP

I need item suggestions, go to the first page for more information, thanks.
4 downloads, no comments :(

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
The new hero is weak early IMO. I kept dying since it was impossible to fight the bandit things early on. Not to mention those Neutral Spawns, they're really powerful and unbeatable for the new hero.

That Illusion skill is rather unoriginal. Giving them a chance to spawn an illusion on attack is overused. You could try using an active that spawns a ring of illusions around you which attacks nearby enemies. The illusions will maintain the ring formation at all times around you, so you can Energy Blink to the enemy and let the illusions get them from all sides :)

Dunno about items, but you could use some stuff like:
Ring of Sanctuary- Creates a beacon that replicates the revival capabilities of a tower upon death, allowing you to revive at where you where slain. Revival Invulnerability is reduced by 10% when reviving at the beacon.

Pretty useless item, but epic sometimes xD

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
He's totally weak for a melee hero, I need to find a way to make him survive the early game.
The Blade Dance skill synergises well with his ulti, I didn't mean to make the spell like juxtapose from dota or from any other games that creates illusion on attack, I copied it from my own game RotG v1 from Kaien, which is slightly different but with the same goal, to deal hero based damage with style.

Here's what I planned for Blade Dance:
-deal 50% hero damage
-acts like another image from the hero attacking (for the enemy's view)
-attacks the target, not auto attacking nearby enemy units
-cannot be controled (not yet implemented)
-not meant to confuse enemy on which is the real hero (not that accurate)

the skill's interface is not really the same on what I've planned, I'll improve its interface in the next alpha version.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
bump
~UPDATE~
-improved game interface
-remade Blade Dance
-added more creeps (Murlocs Day Shifter and Night Shifter)
-remade the items

I hope this will be enough for the creeps for aiding the players to level up, I really can't continue with hero and item making when I felt there's something lacking in the game, thats why I added more creep events

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
The map is gonna be awesome when finished with many heroes. I'm waiting for the future.

Anyways, why is the version, umm, very saucy? v1.00.051

BOOKMARK*

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Anyways, why is the version, umm, very saucy? v1.00.051
each time I opened my map and made some changes, I always saved it to a different file, it is the way I back up my map, *flash back* I made lots of changes in RotG v3.0, I saved the map, while WE tries to save, boom!! black out, now the map cannot be opened, I looked at the latest map I uploaded in my e-mail, it was like, a very long way to restore what I've already done in the corrupted map, I was broken into pieces, I have no inspirations left to do all of that changes. The same thing happened to RotG v1.0, the latest version was gone because my pc crashed and I never had the chance to retrieved my files again. RotG Reborn v2.0 sucks.

I always wondered why each time I get very inspired in map making, there's something which always stops me from doing it (pc crashed, hard disk crashed, map crashed). Now I became more careful about my maps, because I'm starting to love its progress.

ON TOPIC
the real version starts from v1.00, the .051 thingy is a counter on how many changes I did for the alpha and beta progress.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
BUMP

while playing, I just felt like it lacks mana items, so I created one to solve the mana issues in early game:

Full Moisturized Vial
Gold cost: 450 gold
Type: Permanent
Effect: Restores 100 mana for 5 seconds (non-combat). Empties the vial when used, after 8 seconds, it passively fills itself, full and ready to be used again.
You can have more of this item in your inventory.

This should solve mana issues, spam this item when you are sure you don't take any damage. 5 seconds is an average time to restore 100 mana. Buy two of this item, although the buff doesn't stack with each other, but you can always use them simultaneously (semi-unlimited mana eh?). With all the pro's you may say its imbalanced, but think again, when using the semi-unlimited mana strategy, you'll waste 2 slots, and you can only do this when safe, and 5 seconds isn't enough, there are enemy heroes with range attacks or ranged skills.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
there's something which always stops me from doing it (pc crashed, hard disk crashed, map crashed).

Same... When I was working on my greatest map project, our street turns brownout, the map is corrupt, but I have a copy of it, as I open it, again, brownout again, game corrupted again, but the awesome part, I got 3 copies of my greatest map, but there's only 1 left, and as opening, ok, it's the last brownout, and then corrupt again, so I lost my greatest map, got bored and quit world editing for months... This story was old xD but sad :(

I'm working on a TD rite now, and it's kinda awesome... but I miss my old great map...

If your latest RotG is not corrupted, will you continue it? But I'm not saying that RotG is better than your current.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.