Arena Robo Warz 1.80b

Cal1991

Reaction score
Updated to 1.80e. This is gonna be the last in this series until sc2. I hope. Last time I said that someone found a bug that I couldn't stand to leave in the game and I had to release one VERY last version.
Changes in this version were just balance/bug fixes, no new content.

Download link:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/downloa...ac92dbf1491cdacab4945b159/Robo Warz 1.80e.w3x

For those that don't know the game, check out previous Robo Warz thread:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63667&highlight=Robo+Warz

1.80b Changes:
- 6 new heroes
- several new / modified items
- Gameplay balance and tweaks

A few screen shots of new heroes in action:

----

----

----

----

----

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Looks nice. I will make sure to try it out with friends. Btw, you should tell us some of the changes from the previous version.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Oh finally this is up, I have to try this one out asap.

Offtopic: You're probably the first one ever to spell my name right.

Cal1991

Reaction score
I'll put up screenshots for the new heroes when I get around to it, running a robo warz tourney at the moment and I'm a little busy.

Gonna have to release a Robo Warz 1.80c probably, cause I promised tourney winners name on loading screen, but that can wait till I find other small things to fix.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
This map is really good, but the nano-bot is weak and hard to level up. Also, near the end of the game, it starts getting mad with everyone getting super powerful units and massing them, fun nonetheless :D.

Cal1991

Reaction score
This map is really good, but the nano-bot is weak and hard to level up. Also, near the end of the game, it starts getting mad with everyone getting super powerful units and massing them, fun nonetheless :D.
He's supposed to start weak but he gets really strong if you get him HP items and use assimilate a lot. you can just make clones and send them at enemies like bombs to blow up on them.

And yeah the game is pretty chaotic. I kinda made it so that everyone just gets a bigger gun until someone kills everybody.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> Waits such as 0.01 seconds and stuff is acually 0.27 seconds or something.

Uh-oh, o_O
Larcenist, better correct that before AceHart sees that :)
I don't know the exact number, but what I know is that putting a really small Wait will result in different number.
(well, for example if you put 'Wait for 0.01 second' it won't exactly Wait for 0.01 second)

This looks nice, I'll try it.

EDIT:
The Economics upgrades were not accurate.
The first one said it would give me 120g per minute, but it gave 60g.
The second one said it would give me 240g per minute, but it gave 120g (180-60)

Snipers were annoying in the game :p I couldn't last long in battle

Cal1991

Reaction score
This looks nice, I'll try it.

EDIT:
The Economics upgrades were not accurate.
The first one said it would give me 120g per minute, but it gave 60g.
The second one said it would give me 240g per minute, but it gave 120g (180-60)

Snipers were annoying in the game :p I couldn't last long in battle

Well, actually, they are accurate if you notice the fact that you get gold twice a minute.

Snipers you kill with sky lurkers from the radio tower, or you can buy the shield ability and use it as you see a volley coming for your hero.

Thanks for trying the map. :shades:

darkRae

Reaction score
Well, saying the tooltip gives XXX gold per minute when you gain gold twice per minute is misleading.
I suggest change the tooltip to something like "Gives XXX gold every interval."

Cal1991

Reaction score
Well, saying the tooltip gives XXX gold per minute when you gain gold twice per minute is misleading.
I suggest change the tooltip to something like "Gives XXX gold every interval."

60 gold every half-minute
120 gold every minute

I am slightly confused as to how this is misleading, but for the sake of being precisely precise I will change it... the second still seems more concise to me, though.

darkRae

Reaction score
Well, it did mislead me :p

I meant, usually in games in which you get gold (income) in intervals, you are told how many Gold you get every interval, and not every minute.
In this game, it lead me into thinking that there's a minute between each interval.

Cal1991

Reaction score
Well, it did mislead me :p

I meant, usually in games in which you get gold (income) in intervals, you are told how many Gold you get every interval, and not every minute.
In this game, it lead me into thinking that there's a minute between each interval.

Alright, it says the amount for every 30 seconds now. I plan to release Robo Warz 1.80c (probably the last version forever) in a few weeks.

Cal1991

Reaction score
Looks cool but VERY laggy... :\

Just to clarify, are you saying it looks laggy or was laggy for you? My comp lags in footies but not in Robo Warz. A few people complain about lag in full house games, but there are always a few laggers so I didn't think it was much of a problem.

Unless someone is just stocking up all their spawns in their base for a looong time. But if they do that they're really weak and you can go over and kill them which solves the problem.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
I'll bet you'll be happy when SC2 comes out :p

It will be perfect to make a ''Robo Wars'' since it's a futuristic RTS.

Cal1991

Reaction score
I'll bet you'll be happy when SC2 comes out :p

It will be perfect to make a ''Robo Wars'' since it's a futuristic RTS.

Yeah... If I'm still making maps then. I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to even releasing the last fix to this version of Robo Warz, now that I'm about to go to college and get a life.

I might make a much simpler robot game for sc2. Something eaiser to learn and less like footies.

Cal1991

Reaction score
Bump for new version

-bump-
Updated to 1.80c, a few bugs fixed and many minor balance changes.
I'm in college now, so this is the last one in the Robo Warz series until star craft 2 comes around.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.