Health Rotten office fridge cleanup sends 7 to hospital

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
SAN JOSE, Calif. – An office worker cleaning a fridge full of rotten food created a smell so noxious that it sent seven co-workers to the hospital and made many others ill. Firefighters had to evacuate the AT&T building in downtown San Jose on Tuesday, after the flagrant fumes prompted someone to call 911. A hazmat team was called in.

What they found was an unplugged refrigerator that had been crammed with moldy food.

Authorities said an enterprising office worker had decided to clean it out, placing the food in a conference room while using two cleaning chemicals to scrub down the mess. The mixture of old lunches and disinfectant caused 28 people to need treatment for vomiting and nausea.

Authorities said the worker who cleaned the fridge didn't need treatment — she can't smell because of allergies.

Read More

i left a full bowl of cereal/milk behind my computer desk once for 6 months, and i thought that was bad. not sure how it got there or why i never ate it when i brought it in my room tho. ^_^

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
i saw an episode of Dirty Jobs on Discovery once...

about a family who left for a summer vacation, without cleaning out their TOILET..
after months.......... the house was freakin FULL!! of molds/fungi/bacteria that originated from the TOILET..

and it was freakin DISGUSTING!!

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i saw an episode of Dirty Jobs on Discovery once...

about a family who left for a summer vacation, without cleaning out their TOILET..
after months.......... the house was freakin FULL!! of molds/fungi/bacteria that originated from the TOILET..

and it was freakin DISGUSTING!!

Cool. Looking forward to that episode.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Meh. We've got all sorts of various microbe specimens growing in our bedroom, when my brother brings fresh orange juice up and forgets about it, then doesn't bother to take it back down when he remembers.

And, we've got a goddamn tentacle growing out of the cupboard under our sink. A tentacle, I shit you not.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Holy crap, No wonder people be ill.. rotten food that is horrible disgusting.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't know smells can be that powerful...

Thank God I keep getting allergies.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Not the smell, but various gasses created by decomposition. Methane pops up alot an in sufficient quantities can make people ill even when on it's own.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Menthane? Gotta keep my fridge clean...

EDIT: Well, guys, we produced our first free, efficient, cold fuel.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.