[RPG]The Forest of Valdemus WIP

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
The Forest of Valdemus

rpg1hq8.jpg

You awaken in a unknown forest, there is small animals and insects all around, you look to your right and see a sign. The sign says "Telum". There must be a town ahead. You walk down the path. You see a small pond with some flowers and grasses growing around it. There is a frog hopping around the perimeter of the pond. You walk a bit more and see a light, from a torch. Then you see more torch lights and realize that this must be the town of Telum...

rpg2dp5.jpg

INFORMATION

Game Type - RPG
Players - 8
Map Size - 224x224 (Huge)
Current Map File Size - 240kb
Completion - New (About 2%)
Available Jobs - Ideas, Triggers, Heroes

HEROES

Fighter - (MORE INFO SOON)

Alchemist - (MORE INFO SOON)

FAQ

If you have a worthy question that could benefit other people, feel free to post it and i will decide if it should go here or not.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Is there really a frog by a pond?

:p

Sounds alright, not much of a description really, I can't really suggest anything right now but saying good luck!

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Is there really a frog by a pond?

:p

Sounds alright, not much of a description really, I can't really suggest anything right now but saying good luck!

Yeah, it's hard to really help give ideas and stuff when we don't know what the map is about and what it's based on. Looks pretty cool though.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Yeah, this is kinda just a intro. Not much now, im working really hard. And yes, there certainly IS a frog by the pond.

EDIT - BTW all the names so far have meanings in latin. Valdemus (Vale Nemus) is Bid farewell tree (Goodbye Forest). Which will have a meaning in the story. And Telum which will match the city, as you will also find out later.

EDIT - I might need to make it look a bit worse. Might reach doodad limit, see attachment, the doodads are highlighted.

Attachments

• too many doodads.JPG
    too many doodads.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 250

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
Nice terrain. Shame you might hit the doodad limit though.

Didn't you say you were going to have a Mage hero? :p

EDIT: If you need any more custom spells you can ask me and I'll make em for you ;p

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Nice terrain. Shame you might hit the doodad limit though.

Didn't you say you were going to have a Mage hero? :p

EDIT: If you need any more custom spells you can ask me and I'll make em for you ;p

He most likely has JassNewGen, which has an option where you can take off the doodad limit ;)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Nice terraining and it seems like an interesting and soon-to-be developed map. Can't wait to try this out. :thup:

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Nope, no NewGen. What is doodad limit? I know ill reach it, really soon, im at 998 now :p Ill take suggetions, should this be a single player map so it wont cause major lag with like 20K doodads? Or should i hope the players have good computers?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Nope, no NewGen. What is doodad limit? I know ill reach it, really soon, im at 998 now :p

Lol, I thought the limit was like 4000 or something :p

NewGen can disable the limit... I think it is still playable to regular WE users though too

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Ok, i got it and also
Ill take suggetions, should this be a single player map so it wont cause major lag with like 20K doodads? Or should i hope the players have good computers?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Well, Warcraft III was made for people with bad specs really, so I wouldn't worry at all. (lol and that was like 6 years ago.)

Also, the doodad limit is 6,000.

Finally, I still cannot come up with suggestions.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Well, Warcraft III was made for people with bad specs really, so I wouldn't worry at all. (lol and that was like 6 years ago.)

Also, the doodad limit is 6,000.

Finally, I still cannot come up with suggestions.

By suggestions, i mean suggestions on player size.

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
Don't make it single player. Although it might be good to make it only have a few players, ie 4-8.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Bump again, Heres another example of the doodads, this is when you get out of the first city, and get some gold, items, levels, quests, etc. I just cant stop using doodads! Its so hard, they make it look so good! BTW player limit is 4 instead of 8. Its way too easy for 8 people.

Attachments

• RPG3.jpg
    RPG3.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 224
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.