Run time error9

BrokenX

Reaction score
Sorry, im not sure where I was suppose to put this thread I hope this is in the right selection, sorry if its not. I'm making a fade filter... for my map... saved it in photoshop 7.0 as targa... opened it in "Wc3 image extractor" (This is the problem) I tryed to save it as .blp format, but right after I do that it says "Run time error 9 subscript out of range" I followed the tutorial on them but yeah, it sort of stopped there because I get "Run time error 9 subscript out of range". Anybody know why this happens thanks for your time to reply to my thread .

BrokenX

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I think this might come down to you missing the VB6 runtime files.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290887

edit: on second thoughts, this could also be related to your targa not being "proper", in the sense that the image you created could be floating on the base image template (i.e. not merged properly). I unfortunately can only help with PhotoImpact problems, I do not have Photoshop sorry.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Yes, I did resize the image to 512x7xx some but the run time error does go away... but then it comes up with another error to give me... this error occurs inside wc3 image extractor btw.

BrokenX

BrokenX

Reaction score
Funny, I actually did whenever I try to make the length 512 of my pic it makes the width smaller etc... so its some problem here...

BrokenX

L

lordloki

When you resize most programs including photoshop have a "Constrain Proportions" checkbox or something similar.... this needs to be unchecked so you can set the width and length to whatever you want....

Remember this may make your picture look funny while your looking at it with photoshop or whatever, but once converted to blp and run by WC3 it looks normal.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Wow, maybe I should fool around with photoshop more learn more about it LOL, thanks it works now.

BrokenX

L

lordloki

Your problem wasnt with the image extractor.. its that you werent resizing to 512x512.....

For future reference, dont try to sway from the tutorials.. if you can't do something the tutorial is telling you to do, then your problem is there, not something later down the road.

Enjoy :)

BrokenX

Reaction score
One more thing, I can upload my image very fine into my map its perfect I rename the custom path to fade1.blp and then when it comes to my trigger... well I dunno if its the trigger, but when I type -map in game it doesn't show up heres the trigger maybe you can point out what i've done wrong :S...

Trigger:
Fade1
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -map as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 10.00 seconds using texture Fade1.blp and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

BrokenX

L

lordloki

For the most part it looks kosher... is fade1.blp a custom name? if so then dont change the path in the import manager if its a name replacing a default then try to find out why it is capitalizing it.

Generally, especially in the tutorials, the custom path is changed because you are using a default name of a file that is already associated with WC3. ie.. you change the path so it uses your file and not WC3's However. Many times using custom filenames that are not associated with WC3, ESPECIALLY MUSIC!, will not work if you change the path they are imported to...

Try that.. let me know..

ps. I've never done exactly what your doing, but your code looks legitamate.
We'll figure it out

BrokenX

Reaction score
Yeah, uh, I re-imported my file and left the path as it was and added "Show filter" Yet when I type -map in the game still doesn't show :S? Very odd...

BrokenX

BrokenX

Reaction score
What do you mean? Custom path and show filter... I added show filter to my trigger. Doesn't change anything

BrokenX

L

lordloki

right you also said that you re-imported the file and didnt change the path.. did you also try it by changing the path?

L

lordloki

with show filter on?

If so.. then I am lost at the moment... kinda late here.. will try to replicate this tomorrow morning and see what I get.

L

lordloki

Ok this is what mine looks like

Test
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -map as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 10.00 seconds using texture FullScreen.blp and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Cinematic - Show filter
Game - Display to (All players) the text: Mappy

I just used a fullscreen.blp i already had...

I did define a custom path once i imported it to just be FullScreen.blp

Worked like a charm
If for some reason you still cant get it, if you want, send me the image, and the map and I will embed it for you where you want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.