RPG Sagas ORPG - Revived

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Does it even support single player?
Yes, but you cannot save in single player. You can play SOLO on B.net or LAN games and save there, but single player mode is disabled.

I took in single player Millie (rogue?) and ran around town, bar at town square didn't worked (I guess it isn't finished yet).
Those areas are not opened yet. I revamped the zoning triggers and have yet to do those.

Went to world map, then I could click on Millie icon and select her, camera was panned to area where was just black mask.
2.0.1 will be more Camera Friendly

I encountered 90% times enemies when I traveled, isn't such high random encounter chance too high? For example add talismans, potions (items, charged items) what lowers/ increases your party chance to meet enemy.
I've modified the formula for encounters

When I went back to starting town (I didn't travel too far, only to get feel of battle system) my hero wasn't in town area or not even near it, I could click on hero icon and camera went to lower left map corner in town and stayed there. I assume Millie was still somewhere on world map where she waits random battles.
I need more information about this, please try and re-create this

Multibars was interesting addition to your map what I saw. I played your Sagas Beta v2.0r map.
Otherwise it was exiting to try it out and I am looking forward to see new versions. Good luck with your map.[/QUOTE]

hawky287

Reaction score
i can assist with item and quest development
Also looking at your map, its still kill kill kill and get the best weapons as possible
and liek most rpgs theres lots of 'grinding' happening. I was thinking maybe if you give equipment levels so like you get compensation for using this weapon for a period of time or maybe after a certain period of using this weapon it upgrades automatically?
Also with spells that they increase in damage the more you use them?
Sorry i just had some ideas, you don't have to use them.

EDIT: synergy sounds very effective
so it goes up to 3 or 4 spells?
or only effective with two?
this game kinda reminds me of golden sun 1& 2 on gba
its fun and sagas is kidna similar

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
New release version out for beta testers...please check www.Steelscorner.com for more information.

Sagas 2.0.1 Build 3856 changes from 3751

-New save / load code. It is now much more reliable as I fixed a lot of the cryptology. Also I was able to change the code so it doesn't need a base 2 for the character map, I've included many special characters. This means shorter code lengths!

-Removed a lot of old object editor data, cleaned it up and added things to a spreadsheet for easy creation.

There will be another beta version out shortly that will finish up the things I couldn't get around to in 3856.

[EDIT]:I forgot to mention this but I added in +Spell Damage to items and abilities. It seemed a bit unfair that only melee attacks got a bonus and spells were stuck at a constant value. The equipment multiboard now has a "Sdmg" category on it to display the spell damage.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Forgot to post this here but another build has been released to the beta testers. The release of 2.1 to the public is nearing. I'm getting a lot closer to what I think complete is in my mind, I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to thing sort of thing so....yea.

Please visit my website for more information about the map.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I've finally finished writing the code for the new combat feature, the combat timers. The system will be implemented into the map quickly and pushed out as a release. About the demo map, it's very simple, you have a bar above your head that represents a timer, the timer in the demo is set to 20 seconds. Each time the bar completes and gets full, you gain a Combat Point. In the demo the number of points you have saved is simply displayed in text. The multiboard in combat that comes up automatically in Sagas already with the life and mana bars will house the number of points you have, this will definitely be changed upon implementation. After each point you have you can spend them on specific abilities. I've included a passive book to show you what you currently have activated and then a book for the spells to get those passive abilities. If you want to reset everything I've included a -reset ability. If you encounter any problems let me know.

Sagas implementation:

1) Each new encounter these abilities will reset to nothing
2) There will be 11 abilities and each will be special in their own right
3) The system is still under development and is subject to change.

Download Demo Yes this IS protected

Enjoy.

GreatDivide

Reaction score
ok so ummmm.......isn't it about time the demo/map got finished?...just a question........and consider this a big BUMP:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.