SC2 editor mineral income and mineral kill rewards

chrispytoes

Reaction score
Hello Im making a map in starcraft 2 and I want to have a mineral income every 60 seconds, each house the player owns will increase the income by 5. I also want to have a reward for killing an enemy unit, the more powerful the unit the bigger the reward. I am familiar with using triggers and stuff.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Hello Im making a map in starcraft 2 and I want to have a mineral income every 60 seconds, each house the player owns will increase the income by 5.
Create a Timer Variable, and on map intialization (or whenever you want the income to start), Start the timer as a repeating timer that will expire in 60 seconds. Then create this trigger:
Trigger:
  • Income
    • Events
      • Timer - Your_Timer expires
    • Local Variables
      • Selected_Player = 0 <Integer>
      • Houses_Owned = 0 <Integer>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - For each player Selected_Player in (Active Players) do (Actions)
        • Actions
          • Variable - Set Houses_Owned = (Number of Living units in (House units in (Entire map) owned by player Selected_Player matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount))
          • Player - Modify player Selected_Player Minerals: Add (Houses_Owned * 5)

NB - You could just use the periodic event but I prefer timers because you can stop/start them as required. I have also assumed that there are multiple players in this map.

I also want to have a reward for killing an enemy unit, the more powerful the unit the bigger the reward. I am familiar with using triggers and stuff.
This can be done fairly easily with the Data Editor. So open it open and open up the Unit data type. Select the unit you want to give the reward for, and find the Combat: Kill Resource + property. Then just set the values to whatever you want the reward to be.

chrispytoes

Reaction score
Where do I find this action in the data editor? I have never seen one that long or is it a bunch put together in some elaborate way?

Variable - Set Houses_Owned = (Number of Living units in (House units in (Entire map) owned by player Selected_Player matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount))

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The action is just a simple Set Variable action. However the Value is set to the function Number of Units in Unit Group. Leave the Type parameter as Living and set the Unit Group parameter to the function Units In Region Matching Condition. Then set the Unit Type parameter to the unit type of your house, and set the Player parameter to the variable Selected_Player.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.