International (i.e. anything, except Korea):
sc2stats_201107_international.png

Seems like a good year for Zerg :p
Though that last month... well...

Korea only (i.e. Korea only):
sc2stats_201107_korea.png

OK, so, ZvT is clearly broken here :D
And what to make of that ZvP?

Also somewhat confirms the last MLG, where the top 5 were all Korean and Terran.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
for me it looks like it isnt showing *much*.
terran really is positioned much higher in average then any other race, but on the other hand, terran units are very vulnerable as well.

besides this everything is going up and down on a regular basis so i dont know if you can really tell much about the balancing there.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
This chart seems to take every league into consideration.
I'm pretty sure bronze-plat leagues drag down Zerg quite a bit.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Aye, I remember him saying that when I beat him in the last THT finals. Very convenient to blame everything on imba.
The win rates prove it's true, especially among Koreans.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do these win rates mean anything, given that the game automatically pairs you with players with whom you'll win against ~50% of the time? So if (ahem) T was imbalanced in their favour, a less skilled T player would be paired against a more skilled Z player and the win rates would still be around 50%, regardless of how strong the races are.

It'd be interesting to see what the average MMR is for each race, or what % of each division play each race, and the sort.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
The celerisk said it's taken from tournaments in the opening post, not from battle.net. So no match making system here.
Although it doesn't say from which tournaments.

YourFace

Reaction score
Do these win rates mean anything, given that the game automatically pairs you with players with whom you'll win against ~50% of the time? So if (ahem) T was imbalanced in their favour, a less skilled T player would be paired against a more skilled Z player and the win rates would still be around 50%, regardless of how strong the races are.

It'd be interesting to see what the average MMR is for each race, or what % of each division play each race, and the sort.
Starcraft II is 20-30% skill. 70% is the plan and how good your units are. Lucky for terran, all they need to do is get tanks and MMM

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
> Very convenient to blame everything on imba

Well, who else would you blame? Your mom for not passing on gosu genes? :p

> Although it doesn't say from which tournaments

With, for example, 2400+ games for July, tournaments only, it's safe to assume it's from "all they could possibly find".
Perhaps they completely missed the unheard of Backwater Gulch Hometown Cup, but, well, it wouldn't have changed the overall result :D

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
70% is whether the protoss manages to feedback the ghosts and storm the shit out of the terran or the ghosts emp the high templars + archons + collosi + sentries.

YourFace

Reaction score
70% is whether the protoss manages to feedback the ghosts and storm the shit out of the terran or the ghosts emp the high templars + archons + collosi + sentries.
lol just get fudging 3 or 4 ghosts, there's no way the hts can feedback all of them before they dish out emp, plus you need loads of gas to do that, while you can just mmm the protoss' expansion like there's no tomorrow.

>>says the protoss
pffff I played 1200 games as human in wc3 and 1200 games in sc2, ik when something is op.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i have seen enough pro games commentary where it came down to whether feedback/storm or emp/snipe were faster.
most of them were won by the protoss but thats still only a matter of microing your units abilities.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.