Searching for a spell that is cast instant

Prozix

Reaction score
I'm searching for a spell that is cast instantly. Roar for example takes some time before it is triggered. If you move the unit while casting (with SetUnitPosition ) or something it will stop casting and the trigger i created will never run.

If there is another solution I would like to hear that too.

Archideas

Reaction score
Well, just remove the animation names on Roar and it should be instant. Or use Channel as jomik suggested.

avalya

Reaction score
Try using Berserk or Windwalk, Fan of Knives probably works too, they are all pretty instant (except for Fan of Knives though, takes a lot less time to cast than other spells though).

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
animation takes time before casting
also if the unit have to face other point takes time too
these are the time takers of casting abilities

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Spells are delayed because of the caster's cast point. Look under animation in the unit's fields, and set the "Art - Animation Cast Point" to 0. Then all spells cast will be immediate, with no delay. Roar is immediate in itself.

You can also use the "Unit begins casting a spell" event to get it before the animation time takes effect.

Nighthawk

Reaction score
I generally use Berserk for all my instant-cast trigger-related spells. Infact about 20% of spells I make are based off it.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Berserk, Roar, Taunt, Fan of Knives, Immolation, and I believe Raven Form can all be changed to have no effect and be instant cast.

Prozix

Reaction score
Yes thank you very much all. I'm having a test-week starting this thursday ending next wednesday so I don't didn't have much time to reply. I tried using wind walk and it is instant indeed. Roar is not instant because it simply doesn't work. I haven't tried these:

> Berserk, Roar, Taunt, Fan of Knives, Immolation, and I believe Raven Form can all be changed to have no effect and be instant cast.

abilities yet. The problem I had with wind walk was that the buff still applied even when I removed/set to zero almost everything from the ability. Setting the duration of the spell to 0.01 seconds solved my problem and the buff didn't take effect visually.

avalya

Reaction score
Use Berserk, it is as instant as Wind Walk is, and the buff will only last for 0.27 seconds with minimum settings, it will however not show any animation (just as Wind Walk) if you would want that, just trigger it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.