Set Level Of Ability

Raizn

Reaction score
Hi Helpers,

I´m on a new spell called Totem Fury. This spell actually spawns 5 different totems with 5 different proccs. those totems will be activated 5 seconds after the previous totem procced. thats fine but i divided the spell into 6 triggers. each totem got one and the main trigger which will spawn the totems and do special effects and so on. now my problem is to set the level of each totem effect to the level of the original totem fury spell given to the hero. i tried to make an integer var and set it to the heroes level of ability of totem fury each time he actually cast the spell. and the spell given to the totems will read that to set their own ability level. but that is not working at all for some reason. does anybody have a good idea to solve this litte problem.

bye raizn

LearningCode

Reaction score
Did you remember to set the MAX number of levels the totems have to the MAX number of levels the hero has? =x
Just asking the simple questions because I haven't seen the trigger and it might be the small things screwing you up.

This spell is only used by one hero, right?
Nothing else is overwrighting the integer variable you used?

Bah, could you post the trigger up?

Raizn

Reaction score
Ye sure...

Trigger:
  • Totem Level
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Totem Fury
    • Actions
      • Set TotemLvL[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Level of Totem Fury for (Triggering unit))

Trigger:
  • Totem Fury
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Earth Totem for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 72.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Fire Totem for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 144.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Water Totem for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 216.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wind Totem for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 288.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Storm Totem for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 360.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 27.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TotemGrp[(Player number of (Triggering player))] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)

Trigger:
  • Earth Totem
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Earth Totem
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local effect Totem1
      • Custom script: set Totem1 = AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Orc\\EarthQuake\\EarthQuakeTarget.mdl", GetTriggerUnit(), "origin")
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to TotemGrp[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 750.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Add Entangling Roots 11 to (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots 11 for (Last created unit) to TotemLvL[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
          • Wait 0.05 seconds
          • Unit - Remove Entangling Roots 11 from (Picked unit)
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call DestroyEffect(Totem1)

and so on. the next steps will only trigger the next totem spell.

LearningCode

Reaction score
Trigger:

Whut.
I don't see what this does.
You want to add the ability to (Triggering unit)
Not (Picked unit), and you defined Picked unit as the enemy

Trigger:
  • Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots 11 for (Last created unit) to TotemLvL[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]

This is the problem, You used "Last created unit"
This trigger is different from the other triggers.
It does not understand "Last created unit" because it wasn't defined in this trigger

Trigger:

Probably related to the first mistake

You should change it to:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Add Entangling Roots 11 to (Triggering unit)

And
Trigger:
  • Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots 11 for (Triggering unit) to TotemLvL[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]

And
Trigger:
  • Unit - Remove Entangling Roots 11 from (Triggering unit)

Raizn

Reaction score
na your wrong but u helped me to solve this. the triggering unit of that trigger is the totem. so i will never use triggerung unit. but i tried to set the level of last created unit. but there is no last created unit. i change it from last created to picked unit and it works now. anyways +rep for you

bye raizn
closed cause problem solved

Ph[o]bia

Reaction score
Ye sure...

Trigger:
  • Totem Level
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TotemLvL[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Level of Totem Fury for (Triggering unit))

Trigger:
  • Totem Fury
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Earth Totem for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 72.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Fire Totem for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 144.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Water Totem for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 216.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wind Totem for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 288.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Storm Totem for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 360.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 27.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TotemGrp[(Player number of (Triggering player))] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)

Trigger:
  • Earth Totem
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set Totem1 = AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Orc\\EarthQuake\\EarthQuakeTarget.mdl", GetTriggerUnit(), "origin")
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to TotemGrp[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 750.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
          • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 5.00 seconds

and so on. the next steps will only trigger the next totem spell.

Cmon -.- "Wait" , never use this ,

Raizn

Reaction score
ye i just used it cause the unit will not cast roots on themselves without the wait. and i was to lazy to trigger it another way^^ but i know that a wait in a loop is a nono^^

but ok i changed it to this:

Trigger:
  • Earth Totem
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots 11 for (Picked unit) to TotemLvL[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Wait 5.00 seconds

Trigger:
  • Earth Remove
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Entangling Roots 11
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Entangling Roots 11 from (Triggering unit)

its fine for you now ?^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.