Sharing a building like in Island Troll Tribes

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Okay, so I did a search, but I was clueless of what keywords so I did not find anything. I don't even know the term if it is unit share.

Okay so I need the buildings constructed by a player to be shared by its team. How do I do that? If possible I would prefer the GUI version because I don't know JASS, if it cannot be done on GUI can you please give me the code or something. Thanks in advance.

hasslarn

Reaction score
Try triggering it.

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit is selected by Player "#"
    • Conditions
    • ((Owner of ((Selected unit)) is an ally of player "#"
    • Actions
    • Unit - Change ownership of selected unit to owner of triggering unit.

FhelZone

Reaction score
If it is shop share, then how is it supposed to upgrade? Is that possible? Then if I use the trigger above, won't that cause a conflict? I mean if this player clicks the thing he owns it, what if another one clicks it too, the ownership is switched again. And share units is totally different I guess.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Create a dummy player that does nothing. Give the building shared to the dummy player and other players to have shared control of the dummy players units. I think that works for more than just buildings.

FhelZone

Reaction score
Bump. A dummy? I don't think they use dummy in island troll tribe.

Lamby

Reaction score
Just wondering, how would you know if they used a dummy if a dummy is by definition a unit who can't be seen or selected and does something that makes things look like another thing is doing something?

FhelZone

Reaction score
That was my point :D Though it is also possible by changing the slection circle sacle and scaling the model to .01 and make it a unit instead of a building. Though I don't think I have to go that far to do this. Check this map out to know what I'm talking about.

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Most people are not going to be familiar with a particular map, so we don't know what your problem is.

But did you even try the Shop Share suggestion? It was a separate suggestion than the trigger provided. (you responded that those 2 things would create a conflict, yet they were not the same suggestion)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.