Sharing a computer player's resources with everyone

Reaction score
Yes, I mean that trigger in melee games which runs after a teammate leaves. A multiboard showing his resources appears. I need the same but for a non-melee map:
When you spend money with his buildings/heroes they are taken from his pool, not from yours.

I tried to share control of Player 1 Red (Computer)'s units with the other human players, but when they use his units to buy items the gold is substracted from the human players.
Trigger:
  • trigger
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of Player 1 (Red) units with his/her allies
      • Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of Player 2 (Blue) units with his/her allies

And if I have 0 gold and 0 lumber (and the Computer has 1000), the game says "You need more gold" when I try to buy something with the computer's hero...

Hope someone can help :)

la_piedra

Reaction score
i had a similar problem . This 'trigger' you talk about its Set alliance-->Make Player 1 treat player 2 as an ally with shared units. when you do this you train army with the other guys gold. But cant buy anything from shop or Merc camps if you have zero golds. really annoying.
Try using Force properties it has a checkmark for share units advanced?

Reaction score
I have tried several combinations of "Force Properties" options, but in all cases I can only train units with the Computer player's gold. Whatever I do, I can't buy items if I (the human player) have Zero gold (and the Computer has like 1000).
The map is very shop-dependent so this is a major trouble :(

I've been thinking to trigger it like this for every item: (Player 12 is a computer)

Trigger:
  • Gold management
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Claws of Attack +15
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players controlled by a User player) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Set (Picked player) Current gold to (((Picked player) Current gold) - (Custom value of (Item being manipulated)))

...but there are hundreds of items... how can I make a trigger for all of them? And even if I do, these triggers would run not only when an item is bought, but also when an item is picked off the ground.

Vaius

Reaction score
First, in your trigger change "(Owner of (Triggering Unit)) equal to Player 12 (Brown)" to "(Owner of (Manipulating Unit)) equal to Player 12 (Brown)." Second, this trigger would also fire if the unit were to pick up the item off the ground.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.