Shipyard in Melee?! --> Classic Warcraft 3

JuiceBox

Reaction score
So I decided to make a normal Warcraft map with no customs, GUI, etc. I'm wondering if the computers are smart enough to buy ships from the shipyards I've placed near their base. The can't go to another base without buying a ship (unless they use air, in which case they'd die against batriders...).

What would most likely happen:

a.) They buy ships from the shipyards and play normally.
b.) They just make air units.
c.) They stay in their base doing nothing.
d.) Something else?

Venge22

Reaction score
I did almost the same thing, except i put the ships in a goblin lab. They do not use the ships, but they use the zepplins in the goblin lab. My map is islands placed around the map. Most of the cpu units stay in their base, but they usually pick up a few units a use some air units.

JuiceBox

Reaction score
I did almost the same thing, except i put the ships in a goblin lab. They do not use the ships, but they use the zepplins in the goblin lab. My map is islands placed around the map. Most of the cpu units stay in their base, but they usually pick up a few units a use some air units.

Hrmm... have you tried putting the goblin lab on shallow water? Maybe they're not getting the ships because they can't. Anyways, do you think this is possible? 'Cause it's still melee, I didn't alter anything that would make it non-melee: which means the comps would play normally right?

Venge22

Reaction score
They should play right but if you add custom units(the ships) they won't use them because they weren't programmed to do so. They will play fine if u just put zeps in OR u can change the model file on the zepps to a ship.

JuiceBox

Reaction score
They should play right but if you add custom units(the ships) they won't use them because they weren't programmed to do so. They will play fine if u just put zeps in OR u can change the model file on the zepps to a ship.

I just tried it. You're right... haha they don't buy the ships.They still make melee units and they're just stuck in their island. The only units that actually got to my base were air units. GAYY!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.