Shock Totems...

GardenofWar

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have an idea, however, I need a way to detect when the Tuaren's Pulverize ability procs, I've tried it as an ability being cast but it did not work. Any suggestions? :)

GardenofWar

Reaction score
So you mean I can't detect it as it's happening, it can't be random from the ability? If that's the case I have no clue how to trigger it via triggers. :( Is that something pretty simple to do?

thorhunter

Reaction score
Yes, I mean it. The completixy of the trigger varies depending on the outcome you want, whether the ability will be used by single unit or multiple and whether you want it to trigger when attack is started or finished.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You'd probably want to use damage detection to trigger the area damage, to avoid animation-cancel abusing.

Event - Unit takes damage
Conditions - Damaging unit is a Tauren, Damaging unit has Pulverize.
Actions - Pick every unit in 250 range of Tauren, deal damage + other effects.

GardenofWar

Reaction score
Hmmm, well what I was looking at trying to accomplish is something I did with the storm hammer ability. That was easy though because its not a random proc so I could just use the attack to trigger it. I made an upgrade called shock hammers that cast chain lightning when the Gryphon attacks. I wanted to do this with forked lightning on the Tauren but only when Pulverize goes off. So basically would need to detect this to create a dummy and have it cast. So yes on multiple units and instances...I suppose when the trigger fires is somewhat important but not that big of deal seeing as I can time my desired affect with wait actions. But preferably just as the pulverize hits would be best. I just don't have a lot of experience with this, so this one is beyond me, and I don't know how to make a random generator except to deal a range of random damage. I'm guessing you would use integers, but I'm not sure.

GardenofWar

Reaction score
Sorry I was sitting on this page and failed to refresh it before posting my last post, so I missed your post there Pokemonfreak. Okay, so the only problem with that is that it would proc my ability every time a tauren attacked, and I need it to trigger only when the Pulverize ability goes off.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
That's why I said you should trigger your Pulverize. I forgot to add the chance factor to my trigger outline.

GardenofWar

Reaction score
Ya, I understand, thanks. I'm new to this and just trying to figure it all out. I wouldn't know how to trigger it, if you wanted to help me though, I would really appreciate this.

GardenofWar

Reaction score
Huh, you mean what site that I didn't refresh? It was this one. I had it open in the background and was working in the editor. When I came back I must have responded without refreshing the page so I missed your reply. Also for helping me with this, thank you very much.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Guess I forgot about this. Here you go. Hope it works as desired.

And about the site, I was talking about this one ;)

Attachments

• Pulverize Lightning.w3x
    29.2 KB · Views: 213

GardenofWar

Reaction score
Dude, you're truly awesome. That's incredible, you really took some time to help me here and I'm very grateful. I'm trying to study everything there so I can learn from you. I very much appreciate your time bro, again, thanks. They still giving reputation on this site, it's been reworked since I use to visit here years ago.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.