Shortcuts Don't Work For Spells

Oronuke

Reaction score
Right well the problem is my shortscuts dont work so please help, and ya I've noticed I've posted a lot of problems today xD.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
What shortcuts? :confused:

Sorry. I don't understand :p

ScreWe

Reaction score
he means

Hero = Has Ability Acid Barf

Click Acid Barf > cast spell > nothing happens in game

Oronuke

Reaction score
What im talking about is the spells work fine and stuff but you know in some games like DotA and others you press one of the letters on the keyboard and the spell is activated allowing you to click on a target if required or it will just happen then.

Darox

Reaction score
He means the hotkey. Thats easy to change, just look for Text - Hotkey in the editor.

Careful not to get 2 or more spells with the same hotkey though, it gets confused and will irritate your players.

Tonks

Reaction score
A good idea for setting hotkeys is to write down each letter you use on a piece of paper, and reference that list every time you set a new hotkey to make sure there aren't any of the same. Try to use letters that are in the name, near the beginning, as well :)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Try to use letters that are in the name, near the beginning, as well
I'd rather use Q (for the first ability), W (for the second), E and R for example. Easier to find out, easier to choose between etc.
But that's just my oppinion.

Tonks

Reaction score
> Try to use letters that are in the name, near the beginning, as well
I'd rather use Q (for the first ability), W (for the second), E and R for example. Easier to find out, easier to choose between etc.
But that's just my oppinion.

Well, if you color the hotkeys in the name it's easier to see than a (Q) at the end of the name. That's just my opinion, though.
I think for things like HLW and things where you're sending units from a building, Q-W-E-R-T-Y-A-S-D-F-G-H in order with the unit to send, left - right, is the best, because it's easy to mass send that way :)

Oronuke

Reaction score
I've kinda been posting too much so I'll try to limit to fewer threads anyways I got a new question.

I need to edit some features of Immolation. One, I need to change the green flame aura into a lightning looking shield yet I can't find where to edit it, and yes I've been searching under art. Next, I need the enemies affected by the target that look at their affect square thingy(sorry for the lack of detail), and for it to say have been shocked by shock aura or something like that.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Search under buffs..By the name of Lightning Shield<Buff>, I think its something like that..

Darox

Reaction score
Both the caster art and the damage art for Immolation are found in the buffs editor. Just find Immolation and make your our version of it with suitable lightning effects.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.