shorter attack animation

K

K-ToF

i'm using forest trolls as melee units on my map, and they're originally ranged units.

these forest trolls (model: Forest Troll Berserker, Forest Troll) swing twice when attacking enemies, but only do damage on the first swing.

is there a way to "cut" the attack animation short so that they dont perform the 2nd swing?

B

benj_war3

It isn't possible but you can slow down the animation speed:

Code:
Animation Speed
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Animation - Change troll berserker <gen>'s animation speed to 50.00% of its original speed

K

K-ToF

i think on a recent version of the map "300" they have trolls doing just 1 swing, i thought that perhaps there could b a trigger canceling the attack animation into the stand one just as damage is dealt.

anyway, waaaks, what do u mean messing with the attack animation indexes?

also i'd rather avoid editing the model because i have a file size problem as it is.

EDIT: on a small note, that trigger didnt work. it slows down after the 2nd swing.

(0_oNameless

U can try to cut the "Attack Damage Point " to something around half of what it should be.

K

K-ToF

U can try to cut the "Attack Damage Point " to something around half of what it should be.

doesnt seem to have any effect, however combined with the trigger benj_war3 posted, it results in a very slow 2nd swing.

Drazalon

Reaction score
isnt it possible to also edit the animation speed through the editor or is that just me?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.