Should I Save or Spend my Arena Points?

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Let me give you some background information first.

I've only been level 70 for a while - I'm a Holy Pally with 1960 +healing but all my gear is PvE. Meaning, I can lack in PvP (I'm very squishy). This means that I haven't got a tonne of arena points saved up so far (3.4k) because my team ratings only get to around 1650. So far I've saved since I hit 70 and have no S3 gear yet.

Why am I asking? Well, I had been hoping to save for Season 4 gear - that way when it comes out I can be on top of my game. The problem is that it won't be a while. Sure, I wouldn't mind waiting for the few months because it's worth it... But with WOTLK approaching, how long would I have S4 until it becomes vendor trash? (WOTLK probably before Christmas I hear?)

So my choices are simple (just a matter pf deciding):

1) Save my arena points and get S4, but not having the gear for extremely long. Also, I would still be squishy during the months before S4 (210 resil currently - I love arena but hate BGs).

2) Spend my points and get S3 for a long time, and when S4 comes out be behind the others who either saved up or have high enough arena teams to get points quickly.

3) Somewhere in the middle.

Can some of you please throw in your decisions to help me decide? :eek: I can't seem to make my choice.

Have a good one! :)

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I would say save. I wouldn't say "extremely long time" before S4 come, I would guess a month or something. I collected some stats when the other seasons started.
Season 1 - Started mid-February 2007

-4 Months-
Season 2 - June 19th 2007

- just under 5 months-
Season 3 - November 27th 2007
So this means S4 will come, not to far away. Anyway, if you manage to get 5k points before S4, you can always buy some parts.

I am saving myself, alltough I already got 4/5 Vengeful. But I also got 75k honor for the new vindicator gear coming up ^_^

EDIT: Just saw that all the S4 pieces except gloves will require personal/team rating, and some of the new honor gear too.

When Season 4 begins, Season 3 items will be reduced in personal and team arena rating requirement to:

Shoulders: 1950
Weapon: 1800

The new Season 4 items will have the below personal and team arena rating requirements:

Shoulders: 2200
Weapon: 2050
Head: 1700
Chest: 1600
Legs: 1550
Gloves: none
Off-hand: none

In addition, some of the Season 4 quality items that will be purchasable with honor will also carry a personal and team arena rating requirement:

Boots: 1700
Ring: 1650
Bracers: 1575
Belt: none
Necklace: none
Trinket: none

Source : http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=3778917992&postId=37785479177&sid=1#0

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.