AoS SIEGE! - The New-Age AoS You've Been Waiting For

bugbear

Reaction score
Send me a PM if you'd like to play a Full House game. The game was made for tactical team play more than 1 on 1 combat (thats why the map states its recommended players are 8-10). Give me an update on your impression after you've play a 5v5 or 4v4.

If you want to remove the paladins, then place computers in the empty slots.

If your friend thinks volley is overpowered against him, tell him to stop standing in a 5 second channeled spell. As a ranged hero he should have no trouble evading it, and its high mana cost would ruin your mana pool after a few casts.

The pre-placed units that are making the loading time longer (I think this is what you were mentioning) are there to remove the lag you see in some games when you load a custom skill mid game that hasn't been seen on the play field yet.

Legacyspy

Reaction score
Some balance stuff I noticed:

Ranger
2 Slows and a Net, too difficult to escape from.

Warden
Slow Blink Evasion Mirror Image

Mountain King
Slam is overpowered, moreso w/ momentum 20% chance to slow on an attack for 50%. Depending on the duration this
pretty much becomes permanent.

Dreadlord
HUGE AoE Slow for a high percentage. Sleep if it can be used on heroes guarantees and escape/kill.
Life drain is always awesome.

Really the above stuff with heroes depends on how you want to balance your map. If you want the hero combat to resemble DotA in that all heroes are pretty equal, those heroes above are to good. If you want to go more of a polar rout, where some heroes are very good pushers(w/ high survivability) and others are very good at hero killing, then those heroes above are fine.

In any competitive game both blink boots and wind walk boots are going to be required for the mobility/survival/chasing they give
on pretty much every hero. If I one of those my opponents doesn't I will be able to escape from any kill.
Perhaps sync their cool down and add/or a mana cost.

In the parts of the terrain w/ thicker areas of trees consider carving out small paths that loop around back into the same lane/other lanes in order to add places were heroes could hide for ambushes or evade other heroes through fog of war.

I'll be on US East as Legacyspy tonight/friday night/satur/sunday.
I don't know if your on US east but I'll add bugbear to my flist just in case.

edit:
Remove the whole "New age AoS you've been waiting for." on the minimap image/where ever else you have it. To be honest its kind of pretentious.

Legacyspy

Reaction score
I enjoyed it a lot however I don't see it becoming popular though because even with the different points to capture and quests it is still quite generic and the niche is already owned by DotA. The only other AoSs I see hosted are Hosk and ship/tank maps. Hosk is played because it offers so many combination and a different over all feel in game play that DotA (Heroes are much more powerful in their respective roles.) Ship/Tank maps are played because the game play is very very different than DotA.

Since it seems to that you are trying to create a map that will be popular you need to figure out how your map will have that will set it apart. If however you trying to create a fun, good map, you've succeeded.

On other stuff

It seems to me that if upgrading serves the same purpose as transmuting, just remove transmuting cause it was complicating, that or make transmuting your weapon cause it to change depending on what gem you use.

Add wards or an item that allows one to see wind walked/invis people. Even if an enemy has true sight the removal of pathing and move speed bonus is still useful.

Buff the gold income from killing wave units or lower it from killing heroes. Units are 5 gold while heroes are 500. I think that is a large disparity and makes it much more important to hunt heroes to get $.

Also the previous balance stuff I mention in game/thread.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but you're insane if you even have hope for this to take down DotA. DotA is a Warcraft III Map that is never going to go down for all of Warcraft history. So, I believe you shouldn't even bring DotA up or compare it to an AoS project, it is just stupid.

I will try this map later. It looks pretty fun.

bugbear

Reaction score
Exactly ban-lord; this isn't a competition with other maps, its just a scenario I've created for people to enjoy.

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but you're insane if you even have hope for this to take down DotA. DotA is a Warcraft III Map that is never going to go down for all of Warcraft history. So, I believe you shouldn't even bring DotA up or compare it to an AoS project, it is just stupid.

I will try this map later. It looks pretty fun.
ehh ill just go ahead and say it cuase im tierd i hate dota thats why i want it to have a chance any chance to takeing it down in my opinion this is better than dota
(edit) i think any map is better than dota actualy

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Now that's a lot of changes. If you want I can desighn some items/heroes for you. I am a skilled gameplay conseptor, but still young in wc3 experience.

bugbear

Reaction score
The fans of siege could use some fresh ideas in the forum to discuss, and it always helps me to kindle new ideas when reading others concepts. You should make an account and post on our forum if you're interested in sharing your thoughts.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Didn't you change mana feeder summon collision size to remove blocking with them?

Otherwise, as I think it should be said after my firt post:

<3I loved this map, though it really requires a full house but most maps do get more fun the more players so I don't see that as a downside.<3

bugbear

Reaction score
Thanks Goos, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Also, the mana beasts spawned form the mana feeder should no longer have a collision size.

To Bloodcount: This is actually my first WC3 map and was created in 3.5 months, so I'm fairly new as well.

Edit: I guess changing their collision size to 0 didn't fix the problem. I'll have to work another way around that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.