Simple GUI trigger not working

BCJoker

Reaction score
Ok so I havn't made a map in a while now- since like 1.21 probably... im going to type it out because its really easy to understand

"angel" is a farm with the resurrection model...

event: every 3 seconds
actions: pick every unit in (playable map area) of type (angel) and animation- play unit's "birth" animation.

nothing happens (i know this works because ive done the same thing before)

so then i decided... mayb ill make a unit group... so i said "pick every unit in playable map area of type angel, add to unit group 'angel'
pick every unit in 'angel' and animation - play unit's birth animation

that didnt work... so i asked the program to convert the number of units in 'angel' to an integer and it came out with 0 everytime. in fact, i asked it to count the number of neutral passive units on the map and it still said 0. what the hell is going on, what did blizzard do to my map editor????

BCJoker

Reaction score
i am 100% sure my triggers were written correctly. i have used the same code in the past. i also tried multiple functions... i used "pick every unit belonging to player" AND "pick every unit of type"

and the birth animation works if i select individual units... but WE wont select a bunch of them and ill be damned if i do 30 of them individually!!!

yes im SURE i placed the units in WE lol

canons200

Reaction score
hmm, try this?
Trigger:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Picked player) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Angel)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions

canons200

Reaction score
hmm, try it on new map. Maybe your trigger or map collided. Don't copy trigger over there, if collided, same to the copy. Create trigger again, see any different.
EDIT
i use footman as model. it works fine with the above trigger i give you

BCJoker

Reaction score
i have a version of 1.21 because i used to be a pro gamer in ladder... the trigger worked fine there.

BCJoker

Reaction score
thanks for your time, i found something that works sort of. im not sure why animation- "birth" did not work.

i did unit replace unit because every time the unit is replaced the animation plays again. like i said, ive done this trigger in the past and in previous versions of WE it worked but i guess thats life..

thanks again

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.