Simple Question

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Im probably overseeing something really simple, but I just cant figure this out. I made a tower and got it working before I saved and stopped my world editor. Once I restarted it, the towers targets started receiving lightning special effects upon hit out of nowehere. How come they suddenly trigger this effect? And how can I fix this and prevent it from happening in the future?

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Thats the problem, there are no triggers involved. Even without the ability, the targets display lightning effects above their head. Im going to dissect this tower one piece at a time and find what causes it. Ill show you guys once I found something.:confused:

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
What attack missile are you using, the lightning effect might be the missles death animation.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Do the attacked unit (By the towers) get lightning above their heads, or is it the lightning that get it when they attack, or when they get attacked ? :S

Im going to dissect this tower one piece at a time and find what causes it.

Yeah, probably a good idea :thup:

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Do the attacked unit (By the towers) get lightning above their heads, or is it the lightning that get it when they attack, or when they get attacked ? :S

Nah, the tower is a golem, its target is a rat. Nothing happens untill the rats walks by and are attacked. The moment the golems first projectile hits a rat, a lightning armor effect spawns above its (the rats) head. After that, chaos kicks in and attacking a wave of creeps becomes a lightning fest.

I havent had time to dissect the thing yet, probably will not have any today. Ill be onto it tomorrow though. Ill let you guys know the outcome.:p

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I just found out its probably not the tower causing the problems, but the target. I made it attack different types of units, and it only showed the effect when attacking that particular unit. Also, others towers trigger the same effect when attacking that unit. Im still not sure why though, as the target is simply an ability-less, tinted, and scaled version of an existing unit. Does this ring any bells to anyone?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Which unit is it based on ? (Rat ? :S)

Have you tested the same thing out with the default unit ? :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.