Skill damages with attribute +rep

TheDarkBoy

Reaction score
Could anyone help me with a trigger or something, that makes skills damage forexample: x2 intelligence or x5 strength. All comments, ideas and such is appreciated. Thanks. (PS: i dont know how JASS works im afraid :()

Jagan

Reaction score
This is a spell I made some time ago. It's the ultimate for my Tauren Chieftain hero that sends out many shockwaves around it, dealing damage equal to Strength (including bonuses) x a multiplier. Hope this helps.

Code:
War Stomp
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp (Tauren Chieftain)
    Actions
        Set WarStompCaster = (Triggering unit)
        Set WarStompCasterPoint = (Position of WarStompCaster)
        Set WarStompDamage = (((Real((Level of War Stomp (Tauren Chieftain) for WarStompCaster))) + 3.00) x (Real((Strength of WarStompCaster (Include bonuses)))))
        Set WarStompGroup = (Units within 750.00 of WarStompCasterPoint matching (((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is A flying unit) Equal to False)) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Own
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 72, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of WarStompCaster) at WarStompCasterPoint facing (5.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees
                Set WarStompDummyUnit[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
                Set WarStompDummyUnitPoint = (Position of WarStompDummyUnit[(Integer A)])
                Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to WarStompDummyUnit[(Integer A)]
                Unit - Add War Stomp (Effect) to WarStompDummyUnit[(Integer A)]
                Unit - Order WarStompDummyUnit[(Integer A)] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (WarStompDummyUnitPoint offset by 600.00 towards (5.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_WarStompDummyUnitPoint)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in WarStompGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause WarStompCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing WarStompDamage damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_WarStompCasterPoint)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_WarStompGroup)

If you can't find Hero - Hero Attribute, it's under Conversion - Convert Integer To Real.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
WarStompCaster = Unit Variable
WarStompCasterPoint = Point Variable
WarStompDamage = Real Variable
WarStompGroup = Unit Group Variable
WarStompDummyUnit[array] = Unit Variable
WarStompDummyUnitPoint = Point Variable

TheDarkBoy

Reaction score
WarStompCaster = Unit Variable
WarStompCasterPoint = Point Variable
WarStompDamage = Real Variable
WarStompGroup = Unit Group Variable
WarStompDummyUnit[array] = Unit Variable
WarStompDummyUnitPoint = Point Variable

Is it possible to change the "WarStomp" to something else, without making the trigger leak or something?
EDIT: and does the "Real Variable" have a Initial Value?

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Do you mean the name of the variable? Yes, you may change the name of the variables, but when using the Custom Script, make sure you change it so its the same as your variables or else it won't work and the trigger will fail. :)

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Is it possible to change the "WarStomp" to something else, without making the trigger leak or something?
EDIT: and does the "Real Variable" have a Initial Value?

.... Ofcourse, it's just a variables name for God's Sake.

EDIT: Why would it have an initial value?... You set the value in the trigger..

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Usually, when I make spells like these, my variables are empty and I set them in the trigger because it will be easier if the values are affected by other factors such as level of the ability.

TheDarkBoy

Reaction score
This is a spell I made some time ago. It's the ultimate for my Tauren Chieftain hero that sends out many shockwaves around it, dealing damage equal to Strength (including bonuses) x a multiplier. Hope this helps.

Code:
War Stomp
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set WarStompDamage = (((Real((Level of War Stomp (Tauren Chieftain) for WarStompCaster))) + 3.00) x (Real((Strength of WarStompCaster (Include bonuses)))))
        Set WarStompGroup = (Units within 750.00 of WarStompCasterPoint matching (((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is A flying unit) Equal to False)) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Own
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of WarStompCaster) at WarStompCasterPoint facing (5.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees
                Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to WarStompDummyUnit[(Integer A)]
                Unit - Order WarStompDummyUnit[(Integer A)] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (WarStompDummyUnitPoint offset by 600.00 towards (5.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause WarStompCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing WarStompDamage damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal

If you can't find Hero - Hero Attribute, it's under Conversion - Convert Integer To Real.

i cant find the "Dummy" unit?

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Just create your own Dummy Unit by making a new custom unit and changing the model so its nothing like the TreeofLife upgrade. And add the ability "locust" to it so no other unit can target it. It's just a dummy unit (it's not supposed to be actually interactive) >.>

TheDarkBoy

Reaction score

Code:
War Stomp
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            Loop - Actions
            Loop - Actions

I tried the trigger, but it dont work. Does it have to be a normal ability casted from a normal hero?
EDIT:Ahh np, i found the reason :)

Jagan

Reaction score
The spell I based my War Stomp on was Channel. The Shockwave spell casted by the dummy units is the Tauren Chieftain Shockwave spell changed to a unit spell. That's pretty much it. Post your current trigger so we can see where the problem lies.

TheDarkBoy

Reaction score
Code:
Pillar of Fire
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Pillar of Fire 
    Actions
        Wait 1.75 game-time seconds
        Set PillarOfFireCaster = (Triggering unit)
        Set PillarOfFireCasterPoint = (Position of PillarOfFireCaster)
        Set PillarOfFireDamage = (((Real((Level of Pillar of Fire  for PillarOfFireCaster))) + 2.00) x (Real((Intelligence of PillarOfFireCaster (Include bonuses)))))
        Set PillarOfFireGroup = (Units within 600.00 of PillarOfFireCasterPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is A flying unit) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of PillarOfFireCaster) at PillarOfFireCasterPoint facing (5.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees
                Set PillarOfFireDummyUnit[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
                Set PillarOfFireDummyUnitPoint = (Position of PillarOfFireDummyUnit[(Integer A)])
                Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to PillarOfFireDummyUnit[(Integer A)]
                Unit - Add Pillar of Fire  to PillarOfFireDummyUnit[(Integer A)]
                Unit - Order PillarOfFireDummyUnit[(Integer A)] to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (PillarOfFireDummyUnitPoint offset by 600.00 towards (5.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_PillarOfFireDummyUnitPoint)
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in PillarOfFireGroup and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Cause PillarOfFireCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing PillarOfFireDamage damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_PillarOfFireCasterPoint)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_PillarOfFireGroup)
I used your trigger. But i need to change something and i dont know to change it. The ability im using is supposed to be in an area (AoE) and not around the hero. I also need to change the damage from 2x int to 0.5xint 4 times. Any ideas? (To simplify the meaning of "in an area" think of it like the Blood Mages Flame Strike ;))

LightChaosma

Reaction score
then frankly this isnt the right trigger...
it should look like:

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    Actions
        Set temppoint[1] = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set tempunitg = (Units within 200.00 of temppoint[1] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at temppoint[1] using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempunitg and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (2.00 x (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_tempunitg)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint[1])

i only read the last post, so it could be i didnt include a specification here, tell me if i did ;), ill fix it

as for your current trigger:
Code:
Pillar of Fire
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Pillar of Fire 
    Actions
        Wait 1.75 game-time seconds
        Set PillarOfFireCaster = (Triggering unit)
        Set PillarOfFireCasterPoint = (Position of PillarOfFireCaster)
        Set PillarOfFireDamage = (((Real((Level of Pillar of Fire  for PillarOfFireCaster))) + 2.00) x (Real((Intelligence of PillarOfFireCaster (Include bonuses)))))
        Set PillarOfFireGroup = (Units within 600.00 of PillarOfFireCasterPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is A flying unit) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of PillarOfFireCaster) at PillarOfFireCasterPoint facing (5.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees
                Set PillarOfFireDummyUnit[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
                Set PillarOfFireDummyUnitPoint = (Position of PillarOfFireDummyUnit[(Integer A)])
                Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to PillarOfFireDummyUnit[(Integer A)]
                Unit - Add Pillar of Fire  to PillarOfFireDummyUnit[(Integer A)]
                Unit - Order PillarOfFireDummyUnit[(Integer A)] to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (PillarOfFireDummyUnitPoint offset by 600.00 towards (5.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_PillarOfFireDummyUnitPoint)
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in PillarOfFireGroup and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Cause PillarOfFireCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing PillarOfFireDamage damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_PillarOfFireGroup)
      [COLOR="Red"]Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_PillarOfFireCasterPoint)[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]<< out of the loop[/COLOR]

TheDarkBoy

Reaction score
Im sorry that im not so good to World Editor, but the variables is tempoint[1] and tempunitg right?

TheDarkBoy

Reaction score
Code:
        Set tempunitg = (Units within 200.00 of temppoint[1] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))

When i choose "Set Variable" i cant find the "Units within 200 of temppoint matching conditions". Where is it supposed to be?

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
If your looking for something simple take this lol

Code:
    Event
        Einheit - A unit starts casting an abillity
    Condition
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Bedingungen
                (Ability being cast) equal to "Your abillity" 
    Action
        Einheit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (2.00 x (Real((Str of (Casting unit) (Including bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spell and damage type Normal

Some party might not be like they are in we because i translated it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.