Spellpack Skull Rush, Death Implant, Infernal Blast and Power Switch.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Greetings one and all! This is my FIRST Spellpack. Yes Yes i know. Congratulate me :D

Map Notes: This is also a Fun Map, not just for testing. I have added a Boss at the end when you achieve the Power Switch ability.

Anyway here are the Spells...

Skull Rush
Calls upon the Skulls to do your bidding, sending them at the enemy like a Stampede.
Notes: Nothing to fancy, just Stampede with a different Model and stats.

Infernal Blast
A Marker is thrown at the enemy, upon hitting, it allows the magical energies around the targeted unit to rise into the air and strike at the enemy below.
Notes: This is somewhat Trigger Enhanced, but mainly a Storm Bolt with different Model and Stats.

Death Implant
Curse the Targeted Unit with a Death Implant, only allowing a short amount of time to live. However if the buff is eliminated, the targeted effect is Reversed and the unit is Fully Healed.
Notes: This is ALL done by Triggers. Apart from the Spell Dummies. Im rather proud of this one :)

Ultimate: Power Switch
Unlocks the Vampiric side of the Lich, allowing the Lich to become a Dreadlord or a Lich.
Notes: Robo-Goblin, with Models and new Stats. Also thanks to Sensai for the nice Sword Model :D

Thats it people! I hope you enjoyed.
Editted Note: Could not get pics. Sorry bout that :(

robinremue

Reaction score
1) Pretty fun idea, nothing special to make though :) (OVERPOWERED :p)

2) Nothing special either in my opinion.

3) Indeed, a very nice idea, I must say :) would be great to get this into a map like dota :)

4) Nice idea, once again, but nothing too fancy (concerning technical stuff ofcourse)

5) Your boss, made it a lot more fun to test the map ^^

Keep it up!

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Oh forgot to note i couldn't get the Pics. Not that great with them.

And thanks for the Encouragement <3
Death Implant ive never seen before. As far as i know.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
When you submit spells, please please please make the spells testable without leveling the hero. I would really have liked to have seen the Death Implant skill, but I couldn't get it before level 2 and I have no intentions of creeping my way to any level, no matter how fast it goes. As for the triggering, I got some comments:

Do you know about the action called For Each Integer A, Do Actions? What it does is repeating the actions you specify inside the action a fixed number of times. The reason I'm bringing it up, is because your Death Implant could have looked like this:
Code:
Death Shot
    Events
        Unit - Tester 0012 <gen> Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Death Implant 
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 0 to 10, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Angle1 = (360.00 - (90.00 x (Real((Integer A)))))
                Set Angle1 = (-360.00 - (90.00 x (Real((Integer A)))))
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (Angle1, Angle1)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (Angle2, Angle2)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (Angle1, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (0.00, Angle1)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (0.00, Angle2)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 15.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Unit - Cause Tester 0012 <gen> to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 20.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
        Unit - Add Cleanse  to (Target unit of ability being cast)

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Ah no, :(
Never used Integers. Apart from the Condition one. (I dont mind doing time-consuming things hehe)

And sorry about you have to level the hero thing. Ill remember next time :D

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
is the skull rush not triggered?

if not why did you put that into ur spell pack?

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
1. It suits the Lich. And i could not think of any other spells at the time (Skull Rush was the last spell created)

2. Must all spells submitted have to be Triggered? :confused:

3. Its a good AoE Spell :)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
2. If they're not triggered, they need to be modified with the object editor in a most... original way. No one should be able to tell it's done with the object editor.

-----------------------

First of all, did you read the spells submission rules? Pretty obvious that you didn't, for several reasons :p

--> Death Shot

Code:
Death Shot
    Events
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Death Implant 
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (360.00, 360.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-360.00, -360.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (360.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (0.00, 360.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (0.00, -360.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-360.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (360.00, -360.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-360.00, 360.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (270.00, 270.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-270.00, -270.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (270.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (0.00, 270.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (0.00, -270.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-270.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (270.00, -270.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-270.00, 270.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (180.00, 180.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-180.00, -180.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (180.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (0.00, 180.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (0.00, -180.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-180.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (180.00, -180.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-180.00, 180.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (90.00, 90.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-90.00, -90.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (90.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (0.00, 90.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (0.00, -90.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-90.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (90.00, -90.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Tester 0012 <gen>) offset by (-90.00, 90.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 15.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Unit - Cause Tester 0012 <gen> to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 20.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
        Unit - Add Cleanse  to (Target unit of ability being cast)

*Spells Sharing 101*

Rule #1: Never use pre-placed objects. You need to use Generic unit events, and unit functions such as (Triggering unit). Player 1 (Red) is also unacceptable.

Rule#2: No memory leaks! Your triggers leak a lot! If you don't know what are leaks, read tutorials on them.

Also, do what Tom_Jones said to get rid of those countless unit spawning lines.

Death Implant is a nice concept, but how can it be implement in one's map? The way it is made makes it so you can't import it. It can't work too because...

Code:
Rid of Death Shot
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Cleanse 
    Actions
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Unit - Remove Death Implant buff from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) using The old unit's relative life and mana

Unit - Replace? God. Replacing a hero is the worst idea :p His skills will be reset, and he will lose all his items!

You also take in account that the unit casting "cleanse" should be the one who is cursed. Which is the opposite. The "cleanser" should be, and will be in everyone's map, another unit acting as a medic who will cast the cleanse. It needs to be a targeted spell, and replace (Triggering unit) with (Target unit of ability being cast).

Original, but flawed ;) It can't work because expiration timers cannot be removed.

--> Infernal Blast

Code:
Infernal Blast
    Events
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Infernal Blast 
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\AncestralSpirit\AncestralSpiritCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using Units\Demon\Infernal\InfernalBirth.mdl
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

Again, don't use pre-placed units. Use generic events and unit functions.

> Wait 1.00 seconds
> Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

Bad. The (Last created special effect) has more than enough time to be replaced with another effect if anybody casts a spell within that 1 second wait. Destroy it as soon as it is cast, and destroy them both! :p

Cool, but a bit unoriginal. Also it is pretty evident that you based the spell off storm bolt, as the icon is Storm Bolt...

--> Skull Rush

You even used the Stampede icon! :p C'mon. If your spell isn't triggered, you need to at least make it appear as if it was triggered. I could give you many examples of object editor spells which became really nice. Anyone's guess was that they were triggered.

That spell can't get in the section, unfortunately.

----------------

Overall, not bad for first spells. They need a lot of work though ;)

EDIT: forgot Power Suit.

Non-triggered spell, again :p

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I'm not going to look at the triggers as Daxtreme already pointed out just about everything I could say.
I liked the Skull Rush and the Infernal Blast.
I also liked the Death Implant.
Boss fight was a challenge and fun.
7/10 (Not looking at triggers)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The spells awaiting approval list needs some cleaning.

I need confirmation if this spell will be edited sometimes soon, else I'm removing it from the list.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.