Smoke Cloud

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the process of creating a spell for my map. The ability is basically a targeted smoke cloud. All units within 300 aoe of target point of ability being cast will detonate when a certain spell is cast upon them (during the effect, which lasts 6 seconds).

I based my spell on Flame Strike (All damage nullified) since I didn't know any other way to make the cloud stay those 6 seconds. Problem is, doing this seems to NOT give them the buff I set the spell to give. Therefor, I tried triggering it.

Trigger:
  • Dragons Dream
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dragons' Dream
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 DDUMMY for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Picked unit)

(Inner Fire is the Dragon's Dream buff)

Trigger:
  • Igni Special Effect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Igni Rune
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Dragons' Dream ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set DD_DMG_DISP = ((75 x (Level of Dragons' Dream for (Casting unit))) + ((((Strength of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)) + (Agility of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))) + (Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses))) / 4))
      • Set DD_CRIT_DISP = (DD_DMG_DISP x 2)
      • Set DD_CHANCE = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • DD_CHANCE Greater than (10 + (((Hero level of (Casting unit)) x 3) / 4))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using war3mapImported\NewGroundEX.mdx
              • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(DD_DMG_DISP)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(DD_DMG_DISP)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) with Z offset 100.00, using font size 11.00, color (0.00%, 0.00%, 90.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
              • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
              • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 160.00 towards (Random real number between 45.00 and 135.00) degrees
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • DD_CHANCE Less than or equal to (10 + (((Hero level of (Casting unit)) x 3) / 4))
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using war3mapImported\NewGroundEX.mdx
                  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(BS_CRIT_DISP)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
                  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(DD_DMG_DISP)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) with Z offset 100.00, using font size 11.00, color (0.00%, 0.00%, 90.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                  • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
                  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 160.00 towards (Random real number between 45.00 and 135.00) degrees
            • Else - Actions
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

>Don't worry about it not being MUI.<

That didn't do anything either.. So now I'm not quite sure what to do.. Any input?

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
My idea would be instead of basing it off flamestrike, base it off infernal, dark summoning, or something of that nature. Have it summon a unit with the dust cloud model and a 6 second duration (duration will need to be added via trigger for dark summoning). For the buff, give the dust cloud an aura that does nothing and targets enemies.

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Awesome idea :) Will do! Would +rep you but since I made an inappropriate joke in another thread I got -6 rep so.. yeah

White_Rook

Reaction score
I would use:

Dark Portal (Archimonde) to summon a dummy unit
Dummy Unit to channel Cloud for 6 seconds
Cloud for the special effect and the buff placer
Interval Trigger to check for units with Specific Buff

neverbealone

Reaction score
amazing spell and don't know why it isn't working but as far as the special effects go, i don't know if u want this but i think it is creating a bunch of special effects and then deleting the last one created right away

Happysmiley

Reaction score
I would use:

Dark Portal (Archimonde) to summon a dummy unit
Dummy Unit to channel Cloud for 6 seconds
Cloud for the special effect and the buff placer
Interval Trigger to check for units with Specific Buff

Thanks for the idea! I already have it working, but suggestions are as usual highly appreciated :D

amazing spell and don't know why it isn't working but as far as the special effects go, i don't know if u want this but i think it is creating a bunch of special effects and then deleting the last one created right away

First off, thanks :) And you are right lol, it's supposed to be target point of ability being cast

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.