So I got this email...

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
And if it is a scam, it is the most well done, effective looking scam I have ever seen. I have gotten scam emails before, and they just don't compare, this one is perfect. The link leads to a secure login, and the site next to the little lock is us.battle.net. Honestly, I am thinking this might actually be real, but I am what you might call a skeptic. I forwarded it to blizzard's billing department asking if it is real, and I won't punch in my details unless I get a response saying it is real, but I thought I might as well ask you guys what you think of it. These images don't cover the entire picture, but I just took a couple screens to show you the main idea.

edit - oh yeah, frozen account by the way, hence they are inviting me back

Picture1-7.png

Picture2-5.png

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
1. What is the e-mail that sent it to you
2. Dont do topics that go like "i have this thing....." you are not trying to lead the people on.
3. After checking the e-mail, know that secure logins are not some easily gotten.
4. If they use the blizzard entertainment logo, it is probably real, because you can get sued and fined and sent to jail for unauthorized use of
5. Check if you subscribed to anything, because people dont just randomly send you e-mails

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you click the button, what is the URL it takes you to?

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
If it's an @blizzard.com or @worldofwarcraft.com or @battle.net then it's legitimate, or at least it most likely is. Because I've seen that on their sites, what with the 5 year anniversary and mohawk grenades.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Whats the email, and the site it links you to?
Like Dakho's post said.
If it's a Blizzard email adress and site, it's legit.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
actually, I just went into my battle.net account and it said I was eligible, so I guess it is real. I didn't have to use the link in the email at all, I got to it through the WoW website.

So if anyone else gets one of these, it is real! (but I would suggest going into your battle.net account anyway and not use the link just in case)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's a Blizzard email adress and site, it's legit.

Actually, it's possible to fake the sender's email address. However, if it goes to a Blizzard site, then it's true that it is safe.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
How would you fake an email adress? I've never seen it done before.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
World of Warcraft Release date(s) AUS / NA November 23, 2004

That would be most logic. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.