RPG Some RPG with guns

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
I've had a half-baked idea for an RPG with guns.

Basically, you have a multiboard to control your items in your backpack. You can equip a gun / trinkets / armor, or whatever. You can also put items in your belt (only certain items, like medkits, quest items, bombs, consumables, etc.), and these items can be used at any time, dropped, whatever.

So, the gun system. Basically, all attacks are triggered - this allows me to have full control on the gun stats. When you equip the gun, it looks for the base stats of the gun, applies them to your hero, and then looks for any modifications added to the gun, and then applies them over the base stats. For example, you might get a scope which gives +100 range. Since it's all triggered, it's really easy to do.

To attack, you have this autocast ability with 0 cooldown. Simply target someone with it, and your Hero will attack them (triggered attack), and continue to attack them until they die or you order them to stop. If you put on autocast, you will attack all hostile targets nearby.

Not quite sure on skills. Was thinking something like Fallout 3 - Small guns, explosives, etc.
Not sure about the world either. Post-apocalyptic sounds like fun, but I might do something else - maybe you can go in space and on other planets by purchasing transport?

Not sure about melee weapons, should I have melee weapons? Maybe your base attack without a gun is a melee attack?

I would like to have different races (like, get WC3 races and just remove their guns and attach an appropriate animation set).

Will think of more ideas. Contributions in the form of ideas are really welcome at this point.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.