Something like DoTA...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Nice idea conan. Have your little region of three chosen heroes. While you're at it, you might as well add the possibility of having out-of-place towns of invulnerable villagers that can give you a steady gold supply, units, or perhaps just an upfront pay of the two. Don't have it like EotA though--Obelisks suck IMO.

You might also want to add water. I don't mean to be too taxing, but this is fairly easy. Just have land bridges where the armies are set to go and then have water inbetween. Optionally, you can even have some ships fighting each other coming out of docks, but either way you'll end up taking command of neutral docks and building ships to fight the other ships and ships with high range to bombard those on land. Not to mention you can add trade centers in the water and run supplies to your heroes on the ground-- like potions and scrolls (NO TOMES). And, finally, you can add special marketplaces only on offbeat islands that sell slightly better items for higher prices.

Of course the above might take a lot of space on your map and so you should think about it before implementing it.

And the last idea I had was to, with some very complex and perhaps impossible triggers, have CANCELING OUT SPELLS/ABILITIES. With this, you could have your insanely cheap area spells canceled out. Casting Water Spray (something similar to Blizzard) nearby Flamestrike will stop the Flamestrike in its tracks while leaving the Water Spray alive. Blow a tornado against Water Spray and Water Spray is gone. Cast Flamestrike near a tornado to kill it.

And there would be more cancellations/combinations:

Casting Matra Magic (a suggested ability for some maps where your health is now your mana and your mana is now your health--so it serves as an expensive but strong heal for mages and a dangerous spell against warriors) at the same time on one another will cancel the effect.

Casting Flamestrike nearby another Flamestrike creates a large fiery explosion that damages both sides tremendously at one time.

Casting Water Spray nearby another Water Spray creates a storm of rain that slowly damages units in a GIGANTIC area over time.

Casting Tornado nearby another Tornado creates a Tornado storm that knocks down every tree in the nearby area (perhaps giving way to new shortcuts) while throwing everyone nearby into the air with low damage upon returning to the ground.

O

Omalley666

Ummm... :D :D :D :D All great ideas, I'm sure I can iccorperate them into this map...but I need the Base to make a life steal buff...or is there already one?

M

mustsk8

Hero Builder???

There a map in which you make your own custom heros... then battle creeps to power up... then battle the other team... called hero builder.

This idea sounds just like it lol... cept an aos/DOTA theme.
Just so you know. :D

O

Omalley666

rrr...I need to make an ability that controls enemy creeps!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Just make a trigger that when a unit casts your spell and the spell is control creeps, and the targeted units are not heroes. Then, in the actions, convert the targeted units to the owner of the casting unit. Do some If Level = blah to set the x seconds to wait and then turn the ownership back to the original owner--make a variable for said owner and set the owner of the casted upon units as the variable so that you can set the units back to the owner variable--in case the casted upon units are summoned units by users, not computers.

O

Omalley666

Feshwa.....but.....What skill would I make...just a blank one with art effects?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Yep--with an area or unit target, too.

And here's a bonus idea for that. How about you make the cooldown 0-1 seconds so you can convert a lot of them as you wish via a unit target ability, but have it in the trigger a variable that is added to when a unit is converted and subtracted from when a unit turns back to normal (after the wait and beside the unit conversion). Then, as long as the variable is below a certain point, you can convert the unit. Perhaps the level can influence the amount you can convert besides the time.

O

Omalley666

O_O<--
*BANG*
X_X
_ _
/^_^\
Wow, I never thought of that, thanks alot!

Now....new quest...Wait...nevermind...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Omalley666 said:
Feshwa.....but.....What skill would I make...just a blank one with art effects?

That's what Channel is for. It's a totally blank spell and very customizable.

O

Omalley666

Alright...I'm almost done with the alpha-beta of my map Col VS Luna....but....a few questions.....How big is to big for a map size?

Also, should I have water seperating the two sides...or an impassable lava stream forcing the opponents to teleport to the other side of the with a teleporter there as well, but surroneded by towers and guads?

Third, when my unit selects a hero (by entering the circle) should it explode? or what would seem cooler?

AND Fianally, should I use Unreal Tournament voices so that when a hero gets a certain amount of kills on the leader, sound triggers "HOLY SHIT" or whatever, or maybe a diffrent set of voices?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
The Unreal voices are probably the best for that type of thing. I prefer those over any of the others out there.

O

Omalley666

YES! lol nah, I dunno...I just had alot to type....anyway...I'm trying something new with some UT2k4 sounds *evil gleam*

O

Omalley666

okay...well...I got my sounds....and my trigger...working....but...one big problem...the I now need to discuss...How do I makle it so that Player 1 and Player 7 are...just there and are like a player...that can be attacked by people?

Like in DoTA

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Go to Scenario->Player Properties... and make your creep players computers. Now go to the Force Properties tab and click Use custom Forces then Fixed Player Settings.

O

Omalley666

Next, how would I set up the sounds? what triggers are needed so that when a hero dies x amount of times hero and the hero has not died, play sound........ :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek: wait......o_O I just answered my own question....next one:

what would be a good upgrade/speel for the sniper?

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Rinpun said:
Ah yes, now that I think about it, Acehart could suggest a more completed set of triggers that works better and is more efficient, but he takes a while to reply, unfortunately. Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to get a response sooner or later.
Ace is on my most respected list.

Perhaps its his time zone - or busy life.

The only thing, he never answered my email about location / age.

(Yes, I know that was 20 days old - just reading through things I skipped :D )

BrokenX

Reaction score
the ... lol is really getting annoying lol wheneverybody says it driving me crazy :eek: so many lol's... Anyways...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.