Something -> Magic

Ynklig

Reaction score
Heyho

I want to make Shadow Strike to a "Magic" ability instead of what it is. I need it to be Magic to be able to dispell it with an ability. Is that possible?

Thanks Ynk :)

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
You can just make a dummy dispel ability one with no stat or data effects (or just use the standard dispel) and make a trigger that when the dummy ability (or dispel) is cast on a unit then it removes the shadow strike buff from the targeted unit. I'm pretty confident that would work

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
um I don't know if there is a way to use an area of affect spell to debuff a unit... so you are going to have to make a new ability. It has to be an ability that targets a unit.

I used banish as a base, changed its name, removed its buffs and set its unit and hero duration to 0.01 (so the unit doesnt get banished).

Then I added this trigger to the game -

Code:
ShadowStrike Debuff
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Dispel MAGIC 
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Shadow Strike) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Remove Shadow Strike buff from (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions

It works, just set the ability being cast condition to whatever your custom made ability is.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> um I don't know if there is a way to use an area of affect spell to debuff a unit... so you are going to have to make a new ability. It has to be an ability that targets a unit.

You can try picking units within the area of (Target Point of Ability Being Cast) and removing buff from those units.
However, this has a flaw.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.