Spell help needed

Aqkastik

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Death coil Heal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mojo Blast (Spear Hunter)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Triggering player)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + ((Real((Level of Mojo Blast (Spear Hunter) for (Triggering unit)))) x 50.00))
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Target point of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\Disenchant\DisenchantSpecialArt.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Triggering player)) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + ((Real((Level of Mojo Blast (Spear Hunter) for (Triggering unit)))) + 25.00))
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Target point of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\EtherealForm\SpiritWalkerChange.mdl
            • Else - Actions

This trigger is somehow not working, when i try use the spell the little box with attack, skills and etc. gets all blank and my hero just keep channel it in eternity - what could be the problem?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
you want owner of triggering unit, not triggering player

triggering player reffers to events like Player types chat msg, or player pushes a key

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
and you don't need the other 'if' inside the 'then', just leave the actions, cause in warcraft you got 2 forces.... OR ally OR enemy, nothing more...

CuteCumber

Reaction score
Change Triggering player to Owner of Triggering Unit.Your Point Variables leaks too. Put this in your trigger.
Set TempLoc= Target point of ability being cast (At the beginning of your action)
custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc) (At the end of action)

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
If you are basing your ability over channel here is a good tutorial about it. ^

Aqkastik

Reaction score
IS this how to do?
Trigger:
  • Death coil Heal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + ((Real((Level of Mojo Blast (Spear Hunter) for (Triggering unit)))) x 50.00))
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Target point of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\Disenchant\DisenchantSpecialArt.mdl
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - ((Real((Level of Mojo Blast (Spear Hunter) for (Triggering unit)))) + 25.00))
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Target point of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\EtherealForm\SpiritWalkerChange.mdl

EDIT: Well my spell is based upon channel and is set like this

0.98 art duration

disable other abilities - false

follow through - 0.00

options visible

target type - unit target

and rest is just normal like cooldown, mana cost etc.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
you remove the point at the end of the trigger, not right after setting it
Right now your specal effect should be appearing at the middle of the map (0,0)

Aqkastik

Reaction score
sorry still a noob to this (;

Trigger:
  • Death coil Heal
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - ((Real((Level of Mojo Blast (Spear Hunter) for (Triggering unit)))) + 25.00))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

like this?

Aqkastik

Reaction score
okay everything works expect my special effects? should i make it wait like 1-2 sec before destroy effect?

Edit: By the way i want my mojo blast to have a secondary skill but doesnt seem to work
Trigger:
  • Mojo Blast secondary skills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Mojo Blast (Spear Hunter)
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Modify Agility of (Learning Hero): Add ((Number of units in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)))) x 1)
        • Else - Actions

anyone see any fault?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
yea... some specal effects are like that (i usually dont use them to advoid it, alternitively you can use a dummy unit that uses the specal effect model as its model and give it a expiration timer)

theres no point in the condition as learned skill is a hero only event

uhh, unless there are no units within 300 of the learning hero, i dont see why it woudent work... altho adding stats by variable when learning a skill poses some questions that i dont want to ask (as i am here to help, not critique your map).

Aside from leaks your good (i suggest you look though the tuts for information of leaks)

Aqkastik

Reaction score
if i could ask for one last thing - i would like to make my spell do so that it gets activated by "mojo drain" so its faded until i use the drain and then it becomes Active - Atm i use
Trigger:
  • Spear Hunter active spell
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Casting unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Drain Mojo ( Spear Hunter )
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Enable Mojo Blast (Spear Hunter) for Player 1 (Red)
        • Else - Actions

and

Trigger:
  • Spear Hunter Fade spell
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Disable Mojo Blast (Spear Hunter) for Player 1 (Red)
        • Else - Actions

but when disabled it completely disappear and i cant train the next rank unless the spell is active - could anyone help me?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
make the spell you learn a dummy ability (attribute bonus with its icon hidden with no attributes)

Then from there when you enable and disable the abilities, have 1 that is your actual cast ability (make the level the same as the learned dummy) and one thats your passive (you cannot cast it)

Disabled version will be your passive
Active version will be your active

With this you should be able to see the ending
Shit ive been reading too much the world that god knows >_<

Aqkastik

Reaction score
ehm could i actually be so rude to ask you to do it for me or explain even more? im pretty helpless with the dummy part - not sure how to do that and such.

dont worry about the tooltips the two spells you need is the icons of etheral spirit walker - Mojo blast and aerial shackles - mojo drain, if you would do it for me

EDIT: could someone explain me more how to do the dummy part?

Attachments

• Bubbleship Arena xD.w3x
    669.4 KB · Views: 149
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.