[Spell Request] All units in x region?

mordocai

Reaction score
All units in x region?

hey guys, how can i make(or better yet get one) a spell that does this;
The user sets up an x aoe trap that freezes enemies for 1sec upon entering. And every x seconds the caster attacks x% faster the first unit that walked in, and if the spell is still going on when the first unit dies he jumps to another unit? Also every hit silences/burns mana from them?
I have no clue on how to do this except for the aoe timer thing. Ill post WIPS of my trigger as i work on it, unless someone else can help me. The spell is based off of breserk
EDIT: atm all i know is to make a dummy with an aura, set the units into a group, and increase atck speed of caster.
Edit2:got this much done i need help though, im not sure how to make him damage the random unit from the group that he is attacking so i just set it to all units. Below are triggers, also i have not nulled the variables yet so yes it does leak.
Trigger:
  • Set Units
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Aoe Spell
    • Actions
      • Set CastingUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Change CastingUnit's animation speed to 800.00% of its original speed
      • Animation - Change CastingUnit's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
      • Unit - Pause CastingUnit
      • Set CasterPosition = (Position of CastingUnit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Aura for (Owner of CastingUnit) at CasterPosition facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a (5.00 x (Real((Level of Aoe Spell for CastingUnit)))) second Generic expiration timer to (Triggering unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on GroupSet <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Move <gen>
Trigger:
  • GroupSet
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set EnemyGrp = (Units within 512.00 of DummyPosition matching (((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False))
Trigger:
  • Move
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in EnemyGrp) Greater than or equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in EnemyGrp and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Move CastingUnit instantly to (Position of (Random unit from EnemyGrp))
              • Unit - Cause CastingUnit to damage (Picked unit), dealing (4.00 x (Real((Level of Aoe Spell for CastingUnit)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Else - Actions

warden13

Reaction score
Firstly, In GroupSet trigger:

Set EnemyGrp = (Units within 512.00 of DummyPosition matching (((Matching Unit) is A structure) Equal to False))

Then,

Pick every unit in 512 range of dummy position matching conditions...
add picked unit to unit group.

[trigger] * Move
o Events
+ Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
o Conditions
o Actions
+ If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
# If - Conditions
* (Number of units in EnemyGrp) Greater than or equal to 1
# Then - Actions
* Unit Group - Pick every unit in EnemyGrp and do (Actions)
o Loop - Actions
+ Unit - Move CastingUnit instantly to (Position of (Random unit from EnemyGrp))
+ Unit - Cause CastingUnit to damage (Picked unit), dealing (4.00 x (Real((Level of Aoe Spell for CastingUnit)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
+ Unit Group - Remove picked unit from EnemyGrp
# Else - Actions

[/trigger]

mordocai

Reaction score
but the thing is that i dont want to remove, the already hit unit untill it is dead... i am a trigger noob...>>, and my other question is that if i pick every unit in that group, how will it know to dmg the random unit that my guy teleported to?

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Why the hell are you setting EnemyGrp to Units in 512 range matching (((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False)?

There's no triggering unit, use Matching Unit instead

mordocai

Reaction score
i know warden pointed that out, havent edited it yet. But can anyone answere my second question?
>but the thing is that i dont want to remove, the already hit unit untill it is dead... i am a trigger noob...>>, and my other question is that if i pick every unit in that group, how will it know to dmg the random unit that my guy teleported to?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.